Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Pc Protection.

I have Norton Internet Security 2004 installed on my PC,and today its started flashing at me that the renewal is due soon, it gives the option of another year with the 2004 addition at £21.00 + vat, or 2005 upgrade for £29.75+ vat.

Another option i have ,is to go with McAfee Virus Scan which is an upgrade on my AOL broadband, something like a free trial then £2.49 a month extra, not sure what to do, any sensible advise would be great,

Bob.

I have Norton Internet Security 2004 installed on my PC,and today its started flashing at me that the renewal is due soon, it gives the option of another year with the 2004 addition at £21.00 + vat, or 2005 upgrade for £29.75+ vat.

Another option i have ,is to go with McAfee Virus Scan which is an upgrade on my AOL broadband, something like a free trial then £2.49 a month extra, not sure what to do, any sensible advise would be great,

Bob.

Mcafee and Norton are both very good. Sophos and Pandasoft are also good.

Pays your money takes your choice.

I have Mcafee at the moment , but have used Norton before. Either way it pays to get the updates. In conjunction with anti-spyware and zonealarm firewall.

J

Bob - I put some excellent, and free, products in this thread

Cheers Mat...read and digested :)

I have several of the ones listed.....

Ad-Aware SE,

Spybot search and destroy,

Microsoft anti spyware,

AOL spyware protection,

and Norton internet security 2004.

Question....Do i spend out on Norton 2005 ?

And i'm told Microsoft anti spyware, is only free untill July, is that right ?.

Found this review site....anyone used AVG ?

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenre...ng=1&ttrkey=avg

yep AVG "free edition" on both networked pcs.

does the job well and i`ve had no nasty rashes, and i do lots of potentially virus ridden stuff.............. :ph34r:

Me too and no probs

Found this review site....anyone used AVG ?

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenre...ng=1&ttrkey=avg

not used it myself Bob - but have heard very good things.

I've been using Free AVG for a few years now and never had a problem.

Used in conjunction with Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard and Spybot -Search and Destroy, my main machine has stayed free for years of all the rubbish and dodgy stuff that my mates keep getting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links