Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Big Brown Trouser Moment

Well suffice to say I had a BIG scare last night driving home :o :o :o :o

I'm not the "driving Miss Daisy" type and tend to get the throttle jammed between my foot and the floor fairly regularly :driving: .................. anyhoo driving on a pretty crap back road but one I know extremely well. Road conditions were reasonably good, dry in most places with a couple of puddles about from showers earlier.............. was coming into a right hander doing around 65-70, you have to go hard on the brakes and I'd normally drop into 3rd to keep the revs high for better acceleration out of the bend................ so I hit the brakes, front end slows up as expected but holy s :tsktsk: t next thing I know the rear end is trying to pass me :excl::excl:

Don't know if it was just grit or dirt on the road or what but the rears seemed to lock up and next thing I know I'm broadsided going round the bend giving it armfuls of opposite lock and looking at the ditch on the other side of the road approaching rapidly :sick::sick: . In that split second I had visions of me standing in a garage somewhere forking out ££££ for new bumper, grille, bonnet, wings headlamps and rad............... I let off the brakes and gave it socks as I had nothing to lose at that stage................. thank whoever is up there looking after me cos it gripped and pulled out of the bend....................... I drove the last two miles at 35mph :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I would have been a very :sick: drummerboy this morning if I'd smashed up my pride and joy

i bet that was a strange drive home after that, i bet you kept thinking wow that was close!!! i did a 360 on the m60 slip road last year, it was wet and i hit the trc button instead of my heated seat button. i've never driven in the wet with trc off, well apart from that one time last year! glad there's no damage anyway mate. i bet you'll think twice now?

You should never brake IN the bend ! Hence why you lost it ..................

You should have adjusted your speed, before entering the bend ...... then maintained it throughout ! :unsure:

You should have adjusted your speed, before entering the bend ...... then maintained it throughout !  :unsure:

"Perfectionist" indeed....... :P

Did brake before bend....... front end turned in but as rears had locked hence sideways ....... :hehe:

I just need to slow down :whistling:

Could have been a patch of gravel helped you on your way :crybaby:

Very common for gravel to be washed into the road with heavy rain, think yourself lucky you were not on a bike.

You should have adjusted your speed, before entering the bend ...... then maintained it throughout !  :unsure:

i thought you braked into the bend and floored it on the apex suppose it all depends on the conditions though must admit i have had the back end screaming for grip a few times :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links