Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At Last Got My Lex Gs300 Mk1 So A Big Hello

Hi guys,

After lurking this forum for years finally got my 1995 LEX GS300 MK1 in Pearl white 124k.

Picked it up from a trader after saying bye to my Impreza Sti V1..

Few problems though, bubling water in expansion tank after the motorway drive back and gurgling from behind the dash, no rise in temp though

Hmmm BHG GULP hope not ! No mayo on oil cap, cant see any sighns of water/oil mixing and hope its just trapped air that pushed the water out the expansion tank and NOT combustion gasses that heated the water ! Top hose gets hot but bottom hose stays medium ! Did get the AA out and he was baffled and said "I DONT GET MANY OF THESE" they are usually bulletproof ! we tried to create the symptons again but couldnt....

I have learnt a lot from this forum thanks to you all and first stop is the radiator cap, new thermostat and a radiator flush by removing both pipes and running a hose through it (is that right guys)

Refill with Toyota red coolant but whats the capacity ? and how much will I need from Toyota ? I should refill it with the engine running after a bit of coolant has been put in rad to prevent air locks ?

More then anything this post is to say HELLO and THANKS !

Welcome to the club.

When you refill with coolant,once youve topped it up to the level,turn the heater temp to max heat and put the fan on and run the engine up to temp with the engine running a little faster than idle.That should remove any airlocks.

Like above make sure you use the Toyota/Lexus coolant.

Like you say,sounds like a airlock in the system.

:driving: Happy motoring fella.

Cheers chips.

Pictures of your car will be the next question :) Put to you :)

Cheers chips.

Yes but to do that you must go gold, you will save pounds and also on the plus side is Scarfaces favourite thread that only gold can see

Will take some snaps and link it to photobucket till I go gold, job for the weekend methinks !

Going to do the coolant flush this weekend and hope that does the job already love the car would be totaly gutted and if it turns out to be BHG, its all the little bits like the rear passenger lights and mini sunvisor (I think thats what it is) footwell lights etc ! LOVE IT ! I wanted one before I even went for the Impreza...I assume when I disconnect the two hoses that will drain most of the system out inc engine..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links