Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Catering Van -v- Gs 300..... Lexus Lost :(

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ^@%!*$!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Some stupid B*&%!"@ just crashed into my parked Lexus in a bloody catering van. She was trying to park behind my car and clipped the rear wing, bumper and light as she turned in. :crying:

She then attempted to drive off!!!

Imagine her suprise when my wife jumped out in front of the van and literally dragged the woman out of it. Thankfully she was in a neighbours house a few doors down and saw it happen through the front window.

After a few choice words, I managed to get hold of her employer who gave me his insurance details etc. Seemed like a nice guy.

Anyway I have a question, Can I insist that the car is taken to my local Lexus dealer for repairs or is it at the insurance companies discresion?

I obviously don't want some independant backstreet garage messing with my baby (although I'm sure there a number of good quality garages in back streets) :whistling:

Any advise would be appreciated,

PS: is there likely to be any further damage underneath that I can't see?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ^@%!*$!!!  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:

Some stupid B*&%!"@ just crashed into my parked Lexus in a bloody catering van. She was trying to park behind my car and clipped the rear wing, bumper and light as she turned in.  :crying:

She then attempted to drive off!!!

Imagine her suprise when my wife jumped out in front of the van and literally dragged the woman out of it. Thankfully she was in a neighbours house a few doors down and saw it happen through the front window.

After a few choice words, I managed to get hold of her employer who gave me his insurance details etc. Seemed like a nice guy.

Anyway I have a question, Can I insist that the car is taken to my  local Lexus dealer for repairs or is it at the insurance companies discresion?

I obviously don't want some independant backstreet garage messing with my baby (although I'm sure there a number of good quality garages in back streets)  :whistling: 

Any advise would be appreciated,

PS: is there likely to be any further damage underneath that I can't see?

as far as i know you take it where you want and give them the quote then they pay for it normally there are insurance approved places but i would assume a main dealer lexus branch would be approved

Sorry for your troubles.

It's hard to say without pics.

You can request for your car to be taken to a place of your choice. They will always push for some other bodyshops.

Good Luck with the repairs!

INSIST on it being repaired by Lexus.

having the repair done by anyone else could invalidate your anti corrosion warranties - have to use Lexus paint systems

Hmmmm, sound like a Very Valid reason to insist on Lexus,

Thanks for that :D

Dozy cow.

Hey Gandalf, was it you I spotted on the M4 eastbound a few Sundays back between J37 and J33? Time was approx. 2:45. R***CCX?

INSIST on it being repaired by Lexus.

having the repair done by anyone else could invalidate your anti corrosion warranties - have to use Lexus paint systems

Hmmmm, sound like a Very Valid reason to insist on Lexus,

Thanks for that :D

I had someone hit the back of my lexus, their insurance compnay wrote to me about their approved repairers. You cannot trust them. I just went to Lexus got a quote, fowarded it to the insurance company and also arranged for a like for like replacement car whilst mine was being fixed.

I will only make the main dealer work on my car. There are not alot of lexus around and many garages had never had teh experience of working on them.

Dozy cow.

Hey Gandalf, was it you I spotted on the M4 eastbound a few Sundays back between J37 and J33?  Time was approx. 2:45.  R***CCX?

May have been me, as I do travel between J32-J34 often, however thats not my Registration. If you do see me again give me a wave or flash.

A question, can I insist on a Lexus Courtesy Car, as my insurance company does not provide one? But if he's footing the bill, I will if I can.

Also I will need a new replacement light, can I get the latest type fitted do you think, even if I have to pay for the other replacement?

A question, can I insist on a Lexus Courtesy Car, as my insurance company does not provide one? But if he's footing the bill, I will if I can.

Also I will need a new replacement light, can I get the latest type fitted do you think, even if I have to pay for the other replacement?

If you're using insurance, they cannot dictate where you can take your car, you have the ultimate choice. However, don't use the argument about losing the paint warranty because they will only send you to a garage that is Lexus approved (but not a Lexus bodyshop). Therefore, best to just say you want Lexus and they can't do anything about it. :)

If you have the car done at Lexus, you should get a Lexus courtesy car anyway (as I currently have :P ) but otherwise as long as they have admitted liability, then you can use one of those accident hire car firms who provide like for like, and its all covered by their insurance

If you want the new type of light fitted, don't talk to your insurance company about it, just tell the garage where you're having it done and ask them to get those lights instead of the old style ones (and pay the difference if necessary), I just did exactly the same thing when the front grille on my car was replaced :winky:

Btw can't believe someone was so stupid as to hit a parked car that badly and then try to drive off :angry:

Anyone know if Cardiff Lexus have their own bodyshop?,

as when I rang, Mike had the day off and a Robert told me he wasn't sure but he thought they sent repair work to another garage. Anyway they can't look at it till Tuesday (bank hols), so I'm doing a little research. May look to Bristol as an alternative.

May have been me, as I do travel between J32-J34 often, however thats not my Registration. If you do see me again give me a wave or flash.

Wasn't you, then! What reg. have I got to look out for? (mine's **52 YNS)

Wasn't you, then! What reg. have I got to look out for? (mine's **52 YNS)

I just changed my Registration, is R*** GRP at the moment, but will change to N19EL B :D after repairs completed - easy to spot really.

Anyone know if Cardiff Lexus have their own bodyshop?,

as when I rang, Mike had the day off and a Robert told me he wasn't sure but he thought they sent repair work to another garage. Anyway they can't look at it till Tuesday (bank hols), so I'm doing a little research. May look to Bristol as an alternative.

:geek: I had my RX300 painted at the norwich (LEXUS) dealership, they shipped it to an approved paint shop, I rang the guy and he assured me that I would not tell the difference after his work and it was covered under the lexus plan. He was right and did a great job. I will use him anytime now. :D

Dozy cow.

Hey Gandalf, was it you I spotted on the M4 eastbound a few Sundays back between J37 and J33?  Time was approx. 2:45.  R***CCX?

That would be my reg, mk2 GS also - same colour.

No idea where M4 J33/37 is though....

You'd have been heading towards Cardiff from Swansea. Car was same colour as mine.

Only problem with using the dealer is how long they will let you haver their loan car for. If your repairs are light I'm sure it will be fine

I once had a car shipped to the dealer after a nasty accident and they took the loan car off me after a month - insurance wouldn't provide a car as the claim wasnt settled so I used the motorbike instead - good job it was summer

Oh - and the dealer was .... Volkswagen. THATS why I drive a Lexus

Had a phone call from other persons insurance company tonight accepting full responsibillity and an offer to sort everthing out for me :D

They have already had my quote from Lexus Cardiff and are happy to authorise the work and have arranged for a car to be waiting for me while repairs are being done :D

No reclaiming my excess or any messy forms, very professional indeed and work only going to take 3 days.

I'm one happy man tonight B)

BTW the other persons insurance company is Norwich Union

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links