Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Police Driving Instructor Banned...

Police driving instructor from South Yorks banned for 2 months, fined £265 for doing 110mph on the M1 in Leicestershire.

Plod Banned

His excuse - "he was trying to get home in time to give his partner, a former police officer, a good night's sleep before work the next day". :wub::wub::wub:

More hypocrisy - what ban would Johnny Motorist have copped?

still favouritism for there own a friend of mine has just got 28 day ban with £1800 fine for 108mph on a motorway

Depends on circumstances and the Magistrate. I got 2 weeks and £250 a few years back for 109 on the M25 at 04:30 on a sunny May morning.

it was early morning no other traffic about it was probably a huge fine as he was driving a ferrari

Yup that would do it, fines are set according to ability to pay.

Mr SF may correct me on that one :D

Mr SF may correct me on that one :D

Fines are set on a scale accordingly to the offence.

IE: No insurance may be, a scale of B

Speeding may be a scale of C

B may equal = £350 - £1,000

C may equal = £500 - £2,000

And so on ................. :)

^ The above is only an example ............

so police officer 110 mph  60 days £265

joe public        108mph  28days £1800

please explain your scale mr scarface

If you look @ my post ......

It says .....

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE.

IE £500 - £2,000 :question:

Soooooooooooo.....as we all thought..........

The right handshake makes it all OK?

Big load of bollox - in my previous life as a cop, there was always a bit of a "nod and a wink" and none of the boys ever got hit with the full whack. Even me!

still favouritism for there own a friend of mine has just got 28 day ban with £1800 fine for 108mph on a motorway

Depends on circumstances and the Magistrate. I got 2 weeks and £250 a few years back for 109 on the M25 at 04:30 on a sunny May morning.

a mate of mine got 1 year for 130 on the M4 at 3am ish!! :tsktsk:

a mate of mine got 1 year for 130 on the M4 at 3am ish!! :tsktsk:

surely all these lenient sentances for police officers set the precetant for an appeal the next time or if you get stopped for speeding especially if you are in the same area with the same judge the justice is supposed to be blind and all

A mate of mine was spotted doing about a ton along the M4, night-time. Cop in the layby flashed the blues, my mate s**t himself and slowed down, cop knocked off his blues and stayed put. Lesson learned.

A mate of mine was spotted doing about a ton along the M4, night-time.  Cop in the layby flashed the blues, my mate s**t himself and slowed down, cop knocked off his blues and stayed put.  Lesson learned.

I was watching Road Wars the other night and a traffic cop pulled an idiotic merc driver for driving like a twit (wrong vowel).

He gave him a right talking to, and the driver thought he was going to lose his licence, job etc. The driver was filling his pants, the cop put the wind right up him, told him to calm down......the driver looked like he wanted to kiss him!!! :P

Now what i advocate is that to cut down on paperwork etc, the copper could have just entered his reg+name into a pc and put "bollo**ng". Then if the driver was pulled again in the future, kerpow, one book thrown at him. 2 strikes and your out type thing............

But it was absolutely stunning and heartening to see a policeman give somebody a rollicking instead of a fine, and he should get a payrise :tomato:

ACTIVE POLICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links