Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Spoiler On 200 Sport

I have bought another rear spoiler for my is200 sport.

what is the best way to remove the rear spoiler thats fitted to it as standard.

I have looked inside the bootlid beneath the trim and found two nuts at either

end are there any more? and is the spoiler also bonded on.

i want to fit one of these spoilers.

Rsis200wing.jpg

and remove this one

f51bd79e.jpg

my other option is to trim the standard spoiler and mount the spoiler on the car at the same time................well maybe not !

Andrew.

All my mates have evo,s 6,7's and 8,s and scoobys are for guys who want an evo but need to carry a dog in the back.

I could have bought one as i dont use my car for work and garage it through the day, i wanted something different and the spoiler i like is not that big its nowhere near an evo size, the sard version is bigger.

lexus missed the boat and should have brought out an is200 4 x 4

with about 300 bhp 100kg lighter and quicker steering

then we might not be looking at evo's and scoobys rear ends all night

All my mates have evo,s 6,7's and 8,s and scoobys are for guys who want an evo but need to carry a dog in the back.

I could have bought one as i dont use my car for work and garage it through the day, i wanted something different and the spoiler i like is not that big its nowhere near an evo size, the sard version is bigger.

lexus missed the boat and should have brought out an is200 4 x 4

with about 300 bhp 100kg lighter and quicker steering

then we might not be looking at evo's and scoobys rear ends all night

so what ya doing about ya spolier

Apparantly its a real pig to remove the OEM Sport spolier. Even after removing the bolts its still stuck with some mighty strong adhesive. I was going to remove mine but decided to leave it as I think some other members attempted it and ended up having to replace the boot lid

Someone mentioned about heating it up in an oven panel beaters use to soften the adhesive?

if i were you hand the car over to a bodyshop to change the spolers over, that way they can fix any probs that come along, including filling in the hole that will be in the centre of the boot lid!

Thanks for the info guys.

I will let my mate do the removal and fitting, I can also get hold of another bootlid if I need to, or maybe buy a carbon bonnet and bootlid also.

My number is not blurred cause I have a private plate here and my car is garaged all day as I do need it for work only play.

here is one of my numberplates.

14front_406_coupe-med.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links