Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Probs Now Resolved

woodsy

hey people not sure if any one read my posts about my faulty stereo iny m sport and there was hassle changing it for a normal din style head unit well i popped down local audio shop!

well they managed to put me in a new pioneer head unit with fascia adaptor rewire it all and remove the standard amp.

of course iw as faced with problems witht he rear speakers bein 4 ohm and not 2 ohm and having a sub built in so had them repalced with some tasty pioneer 6x9's and now im all up and running again and it sounds great and the bonus is that the stereo fits in like a bug ina rug!!! :driving:

so im chuffed and will pput pics up as soon as someone tells me how to do it!!!

its booked in now for a front spekaer upgrade!! and sub and amp package!!!!

will keep u updated!!

next to be done to the lex is the sport body kit grill and wheels all to follow next week

the sound quality is much better and just awaiting the sub and amp now hopefull that should make it boom

i was quite suprised on how little time it tookt hem to do the basic wiring conversiona dn remove the existing amp to accomodate a normal din head unit with iso leads!!

got big plans now i have been set free from the lexus stereo!!

how do i put pics up on here

?

Well done mate, will keep an eye out for you as I am only in Whitstable.

Dont know how to put pics up, but I think you have to upload them to any site then post a link to them, I think it's only gold members who can attach pics.

Otherwise try a search, think there was something about how to do it recently.

Stuart

Seems like a good job. I'm waiting on a facia adapter for mine at the minute cos I've got a new Alpine cda-9855r to go in the car. Thats the one with the new glide touch bar. I am also in the process of building my install too. :D

to post some pics go to www.imageshack.us click on browse, select the pic that is saved as a file on your pc, open it, click host it and you will be given a list of url's. You then have to copy and paste the correct url into your post in here. You may have to keep editing your post with different url's until you get the right one.

Hope that helps. B)

• 2 months later...

Hiya im new here so hello every1.

i've read with increasing horror the stories of trying to install a new head unit into the is200 se so seeing your post gave me hope :) , i already got the head unit and ipod adaptor for me birthday and its just sitting here gathering dust, where did ya get your install done and what did it cost as ive just had a quote from some place in orpington £150 + vat and he said it might even cost more :angry: . I'm in north kent and as i've taken the Factory installed unit out im desperate to get some sounds back into the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links