Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grand Turismo 4 Not Working

lex2005

I just brought gt4 and it not working on my ps2. It says disc error. Every other game works lik gta san andreas. I dont know whats wrong. Any one faced the same problem. What could it be ? any solutions :(

Return it to the shop.

is it scratched?

my mate had this with GTA San Andreas, it would load up then fail, looked at the disk and it was scratched, he bought another one and his PS2 scratched that one too.

dunno what he did in the end or why it was doing it?

I had the same problem,

Basically it was explained to me that I had an old ps2 ( about 5years) and that it could not deal with a disc that has over a certain amount of data or that the laser head was going.

As it was the ps2 stopped playing anything shortly afterwards so I just put it down to the laser not being up the the job

i have an original jap console bourght on the first day of sale in Japan, still working fine to this day, my ps1 was also the very first jap one and that still works

seems the newer they are the less likley they are to last

seems the first generation are built in Japan and the newer ones are built in china or malaysia, hmmm maybe that has something to do with it?

my PSP is made in Japan too hope that lasts!!!

Ive heard the european version of the PSP is going to be using a lesser quality LCD screen made by samsung, why do we always end up with 2nd rate products and end up paying more for them???

(first gen machines use very high quality Sharp LCD screens)

I had the same problem,

Basically it was explained to me that I had an old ps2 ( about 5years) and that it could not deal with a disc that has over a certain amount of data or that the laser head was going.

As it was the ps2 stopped playing anything shortly afterwards so I just put it down to the laser not being up the the job

That sounds like rubbish, i have an old PS2 and it plays GT4 without a problem..

I had the same problem,

That sounds like rubbish, i have an old PS2 and it plays GT4 without a problem..

Mine plays it fine too, and the console was from the first batch in the UK... had no probs with constant use :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links