Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unexpected Geometry Check! Drury Lane Oldham!

I got a call today at 8.43am from Paul at Drury Lane Geometry Centre asking me if I could bring my car in today for a free geometry check. I wasn’t going to say NO! :D :D :P

Paul is trying out a few new geometry machines which he is thinking of buying for his centre. This new fancy machine looks like it could be ‘The One’; it does everything except make the tea!! :P

During my lunch break I went to see Paul and they drove my car onto the ramp and attached these clamps onto my wheels which are linked to a new computer. The clamps DO NOT go over the top of the wheels so even heavily lowered cars can be checked! :D :D

The car is basically just driven on to weight plates with zero friction and once the clamps are on the computer gets most of the readings straight away. It was really easy to follow and HIGHLY accurate - we are talking 100's of a minute in accuracy. To emphasise this as we were talking a big lorry drove past and the wind from it changed the readings for a second! :hehe:

The great thing about this machine is that it has all the latest car data stored on it so all stock information is available. It can be configured to take into account tyre size, lowering etc. They can now deal with up to 20” RIMS!!! :ohmy:

My geometry was pretty much bang-on (since it had been done by Drury Lane at the beginning of the year) but there was a slight adjustment needed on my rear toe and thrust.

They even did the adjustments for me and as the adjustment was being done the computer screen showed it being changed interactively. It was really cool!!

Thing with Drury Lane was that getting a geometry reading to read “green” on the computer screen is not good enough –they try to get it as absolutely perfect as possible. This is a great attitude to have and shows the commitment to quality. Obviously the thing to understand is that geometry is a balance and needs experience and sometimes things are different from the computer settings for a reason – such as my KPI setting which is not quite right, but its as good as its going to get and is probably because of a slight bent frame.

We talked for a while but a complete check with only one person doing it takes around 15 – 20 minutes (if that!). I was amazed at the speed. Once the check has been done then if adjustments are needed they can be carried out.

On my last geometry-related visit to Drury Lane I left my car with them and went to work. It had taken around 4 hours to setup. This time I was finished in about 30 minutes including the time taken to undertake the slight adjustment needed!!! Obviously I needed less work this time but the speed was very impressive.

Drury Lane will soon be organising a geometry check day for LOC Gold Members. I’ll put info up when its available!

I took some bad pictures with my phone. Its new and I forgot to turn on the flash :blush: Sorry about the blur! (That’s me not paying attention!)

geo1.jpg

geo2.jpg

geo3.jpg

geo4.jpg

geo5.jpg

geo6.jpg

My Printout:

geor.jpg

Overall really impressed with the direction Drury Lane is going in and it really is fantastic to have such an excellent place so close to me! Drury Lane is a great place to visit and is always friendly and helpful.

Drury Lane contact details are available on Tony Bones website – it is a trusted centre.

I hope everyone in the North that needs a Geometry check and cannot get to “The Doctor” pays a visit to Drury Lane! :D

Something I forgot......

The clamps that are put on the wheels have a plastic end on them and they are designed specifically for Lexus wheels so they don't damage or mark the wheels in anyway.

I dont know whether its the blurryness of the pics, but your car looks clean :P

You cheeky :tsktsk: !!

Actually I made the pictures extra blurry so you can't see the inches of dirt! :lol:

Camera trick! :P

Nice write up Annes ........ but I noticed on the print out it says .... "IS200" ? ..... did they get it wrong ?  :lol:  :tomato:

No Mr (Cheeky) Face...they read what was on the back of the car! :P :P

@Tony - Yes..their are a few little things but I am confident that the car is setup as best as it can. The computer has new readings for Partial Toe which apparently will be out on most cars but as long as the total toe is okay then we should be okay. (I hope I understood that right). Most things on the computer screen were green. We looked at tyre wear too and as we discussed in my PM before no signs of uneven wear at all!

Tony - if I am ever going "down south" and I have my car with me I challenge you to get the KPI equal! :P :lol:

PS You were called an "industry leader" today! :whistling:

Nice write up Annes ........ but I noticed on the print out it says .... "IS200" ? ..... did they get it wrong ?  :lol:  :tomato:

No Mr (Cheeky) Face...they read what was on the back of the car! :P :P

@Tony - Yes..their are a few little things but I am confident that the car is setup as best as it can. The computer has new readings for Partial Toe which apparently will be out on most cars but as long as the total toe is okay then we should be okay. (I hope I understood that right). Most things on the computer screen were green. We looked at tyre wear too and as we discussed in my PM before no signs of uneven wear at all!

Tony - if I am ever going "down south" and I have my car with me I challenge you to get the KPI equal! :P :lol:

PS You were called an "industry leader" today! :whistling:

"industry" leader! "enlighten me! :excl: :D all i know is geometry. Never would i expect to be a leader....

Toyota in Builth Wells also use Pro Align kit, theirs is the SPACE 800 model though, not the 900. Impressive to see these machines in action.

Toyota in Builth Wells also use Pro Align kit, theirs is the SPACE 800 model though, not the 900.  Impressive to see these machines in action.

Where abouts is this place dury lane im in brighton how far, give me an address :D

Oldham :ph34r: lancashire :D Nr manchester :ph34r:

Toyota in Builth Wells also use Pro Align kit, theirs is the SPACE 800 model though, not the 900.  Impressive to see these machines in action.

Where abouts is this place dury lane im in brighton how far, give me an address :D

The details of the garage:

Drury Lane Service Station,

Drury Lane,

Hollinwood,

Oldham.

OL9 7NG

Tel: 0161 688 7882 OR 0161 684 9290

Mention your a LOC Gold Member!!

(I should get commision...... :whistling::lol: )

From Dr Bones Website:

DRURY LANE DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE

Drury lane Hollinwood Oldham OL9 7NG

Phone 0161 6887882

Web address No

Machine Balco alignment + full geometry system

Print out Yes

Cost £25 measure only

Adjustments £16.50 each regardless of duration/ labour only

Fine tuning Yes/ if geometry is considered unstable

Cost £0

Mileage limit 1500

Appointment No/ but advisable or email paul_wighton@yahoo.co.uk

From Dr Bones Website:
DRURY LANE DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE

Drury lane Hollinwood Oldham OL9 7NG

Phone 0161 6887882

Web address No

Machine Balco alignment + full geometry system

Print out Yes

Cost £25 measure only

Adjustments £16.50 each regardless of duration/ labour only

Fine tuning Yes/ if geometry is considered unstable

Cost £0

Mileage limit 1500

Appointment No/ but advisable or email paul_wighton@yahoo.co.uk

Correct me if I'm wrong Anees, but I think Drury charge for EACH adjustment (IS has 7). Whereas Dr B charges for a maximum of 2 even if all require adjustments.

Again Quoting from the great Dr's site:

STS STAPLETONS (I'm based here!)

223 Lower high st Watford Hertfordshire

Phone 01923 234666

Web address www.stapletons-tyres.co.uk

Machine Apaseal: Super Tracker ( full geometry )

Print out Yes

Cost £25 measure only

Adjustments £16.50 each regardless of duration / labour only

Fine Tuning Yes

Cost £0

Mileage limit 1500

Appointment No / but is available on request

Not sure but I think its a special deal for LOC Members. I think Drury lane do something similar but I'm not sure

PS Did you get my last PM - got no response :D

Phone 01923 234666

Print out Yes

Cost £25 measure only

Fine Tuning Yes

Cost £0

Mileage limit 1500

Not sure but I think its a special deal for LOC Members. I think Drury lane do something similar but I'm not sure

Anees if that "pm" was directed at me? i didn't get it.

Phone 01923 234666

Print out Yes

Cost £25 measure only

Fine Tuning Yes

Cost £0

Mileage limit 1500

Yes i do have a special deal for LOC, and yes you only pay for two adjustments, were as Drury lane will charge by the adjustment. wheels-inmotion's attitude with geometry cannot cover the whole of the UK, so on the site i gave a geometrical example as a test, if the company can understand the example and aggree the adjustment fee for LOC then i would put them on the site, Drury lane did and they aggreed to "cap" the cost for adjustments at £16.50 each for LOC, the reason for the disparity between cost is because i work "within" and company Drury lane is a "stand" alone company, if i were to "go it alone" my cost would reflect Drury lane.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links