Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Monthly Weymouth Meet?

peter026

Just testing the waters, but today a Weymouth councillor asked me if LOC members would be interested in having a monthly meet on a Friday evening.

This would be in a designated area on the Esplanade,roped off just for Lexus owners. who could show their cars to the public,listing all Mods, if any,or just what the car has as standard, on a card placed on the windsreen.

This would only be a seasonal meet, and the Mayor and local papers would be in attendance to meet and greet,plus Photo's and interviews by the press.

The idea is to have a different car club each Friday,at the moment we can have any Friday bar the second, which is taken by the Corvette club,they meet to-morrow.

The times of all the meets are 6pm til 9pm and will take place on the Esplanade near the Pavilion

If any LOC ers are interested in making this a regular meet, 6 cars minimum,

Corvette have 15 to-morrow,

please let me know

I for one will put my name down even though I have no mods, I'm just proud to be a Lexus owner

Peter

First one 29 July

Peter026

Monster Matt

Scarface

Dave Ellen

26 August

Peter026

23 Sept

Please can you let me know if and when you can deffo come

Edited by peter026

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested. Would tie it in with a visit to me olde mum....

what are the projected dates ?

any Fri we are all agreeable too except the 3rd Fri of each month which is booked by the Corvettes, Shall we say last fri in the month, ie:

29 July

26 Aug

23 Sept

If this is agreeable I will Ring up to-morrow and provisionally book the last Fri of each month before any other Club,I think he mentioned the MG club are also interested.

:offtopic: slightly See you Sunday Mike,I think I'll have to give mine a quick spritz as well

Just heard from the Weymouth and Portland Council,and the above dates have been confirmed

See first post

Anymore for this,there must be some local,ie Dorset /Somerset / Devon members who would love to come.

Please let me know what dates you can come and I will update as and when.

Cheers Lads and Lasses

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry have not been on line to check,but House got hit by lightning on Fri,every thing electrical was fried,even with surge protection,plus some damage to boiler and double glazing window, If any bods interested in this meet,or require more info, Monster matt has my mobile no

It should take 10 -14 days to get back on line hopefully.

I'm doing this from a clients house, lovely lady

Cheers

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to commit to this but not sure wether i would make it down in time after work as it has to be a four hour drive from me ,i might make a weekend of it though .sorry i can not say either way but work has to come first

Heard from the Weymouth tourism officer yesterday.

The meet is just North of the Jubilee clock,where a lowered curb is,enabling us to drive on to the Esplanade ( beachside).

Any other persons wishing to come please feel free, the more the merrier

See you there Friday 6.00 to 6.30

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk