Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the old favourites,

Red Leicester

Cheddar

Stilton.

I'm a traditional kind of guy.

Tried goats cheese in the mountains of switzerland (Kandersteg to be precise).

We were told we were going to an 'Alpine Cheesery' - Lovely we thought - men in white coats and stainless steel.............

It was a wooden hut on the mountain. The cheesery was their living room ! Kids and goats running about - in and out of the house. The kids were educated up there too and had never left except to take cheese to the village :blink: Very primitive - I didn't think people still lived like that in the EU !

Anyway - I found goats cheese rather dry in comparison to 'traditional cheese'.

Not a lot going on here tonight......................haven't given Lexi a good clean since March,so spent 4 hours givjng her the full trearment this afternoon.....Will the porta polisher cut down the time by much. My right arms aching like mad :D

I'm off to Gravesend tomorrow .......... I've got my Riot Refresher Training !! so looking forward to it ........... NOT this will be me, this time 2 morrow !

asshat2.jpg

After they would have already beat us up .......... thrown bricks at us ........... get us to run half a mile, in full riot gear and sheild .... within 2.45 seconds :blush:

Bloody Hell - I'd wait for them to put the fire out then I walk through.

You don't have a choice ....... when there is 5 blokes who are driving around in milk floats ........ full of milk bottles, with petrol bombs ...... that are all aimed at the line of coppers !!

Then why is it that i trained as a Nurse 10 yrs ago and now look after a hospital...........including climbing through a burning building which houses nurses and doctors, ***** up my clothes @ 03.00 am with the local fire brigade....is it committment or ...love :wacko: but hey all in a days work............

I'm off to Gravesend tomorrow .......... I've got my Riot Refresher Training !! so looking forward to it ........... NOT this will be me, this time 2 morrow !

asshat2.jpg

After they would have already beat us up .......... thrown bricks at us ........... get us to run half a mile, in full riot gear and sheild .... within 2.45 seconds  :blush:

There are a few of us (about 30) who are in the Scout Association who help out with Cambridgeshire's riot training every year. It is a great day out - done at RAF Alconbury on the perimiter roads - we get to set up barrackades (spelling) and throw bricks at the coppers :D It is funny to wind them up on a hot day when they are sweating their nuts off in those kevlar bits and bobs - they get right arsey.

We can say whatever we want to them which is great - atuff about their mothers always goes down a treat.

The second half of the day is a search and rescue thing - we go into a nuclear bunker which is pitch black and hide - the pigs (sorry Ahmet :whistling: ) have to come in and find us then arrest us all. It is actually quite nerveracking when all you can hear is shouting and all you can see is flashlights in your face.

They also do the petrol bomb bit but we don't get to throw them :angry:

One of the most frightening things was one year when they took the horses - the walk at you sideways and don't stop - we **** ourselves, threw bricks and ran - like proper chav scum :whistling:

The main guy that does the training is a big bastid - he broke 3 of the shields with a baseball bat one year in the bunker - in the dark too - he is mucking fental - top day out though.

If any guys are interested in this in the future it is always the more the merrier :D

I used to have to do similar stuff when I was a Rig Pig working on the North Sea rigs - crawling around in dark smoke-filled rooms hanging on to the guy in front, who didn't know what the feck he was doing either.

For some of the guys who sufferered from claustrophobia is was a real nightmare and every now and then you'd get one who would do his nut and turn into a madman trying to get back into the daylight and trampling over anyone who got in his path. :ph34r:

There are a few of us (about 30) who are in the Scout Association

Aren't you a bit old for that pal :P

I am classed as "fellowship" - which is for old people :winky: We just go away to get drunk at weekends (and eat at the Grindleford Cafe :P )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links