Formula 1

alajota

CRAP or CONSPIRACY  

23 members have voted

1. 1. CRAP or CONSPIRACY

• Crap
    • Conspiracy
    • Don't know/ Don't Care

intersting topic mate. i dont think there's a conspiracy though, its hard when your at the front of the pack to stay at the front. if you look back the top teams have all had their domination years while everyone else is playing catch up.

interesting how schumacher was 2 seconds faster than anyone else and caught alonso no probs a couple of gp's back, cant remember which gp it was, but i do think they have been and still are struggling with the bridgestones.

I personally think Ferrari were overconfident at the start of the season by bringing their old car to Australia in a season when big changes to the rules had been made. They found that the old car was not really completitive enough and had to RUSH out the new 2005 car which wasn't really ready which cost them in terms of reliability. It was about 5 weeks from being ready so I think the problems Ferrari are experiencing are a combination of both the car and tyres - however when they get them right (as in San Marino) the driver/car combo can be amazingly quick!

The problem however I think is more tyre then car. I think Schumacher and Barichello have been driving really well this season they have just not had a car to go for the straight out win. I actually think Schumacher (apart from the odd mistake) has been driving probably better then when he cruised to his comfortable titles in 2002/2004.

What I HATE :angry: about this season is the stupid no tyre change rule! Thats one of the skills of Formula 1 - changing a full set of tyres in under 6 seconds! I think that with the current screw up with Mitchelin and Raikoneons tyre problems in the last race but one this stupid rule will not be in place next season. I think Formula 1 is about a driver and his car on the limit lap after lap - not having to cruise around 10 laps from the end to look after tyres and engine (think the new engine rule is crap too)

My pennies worth!

Ferrari will be back I'm sure. After today's race Schumacher is only 3pts behine Raikoneon!

I saw the BTCC racing which was on before the F1 and it was FAR more exciting!! :D :D

Was surprised to see a nice green Lexus racing too! (Unfortunetly it looked like it was going backwards most the time :lol:)

I agree, today was an absolute joke, can't believe they couldn't come to some sort of resolution. Most of the new rules are stupid, they should go back to the old style qualifying, only good thing is the reduced engine capacity as this will limit performance, regardless of budget.

Personally, I don't really get the A1 series. F1 is about development as much as racing, so is about developing the best possible car within a set level of parameters. Therefore, A1 is not a direct competitor to F1 in any way, its simply another race car series where all the cars are the same, of which there is already GP2 and all the other series like F3 and so on. I like the fact that it will be off season tho, so there'll be some racing to watch all year round :D

For pure enjoyment, its still gotta be BTCC, its awesome! You're right tho, what was up with the Lexus? Would've thought the RWD would help them with the start but it seemed they started worse than all the others! :blink:

imho F1 needs a complete rethink, but the occasional "race" is still enjoyable, bu there are some big oddities in the sport that are beginning to make it a joke---why is it that money has to ruin everything?

As for BTCC, its lost something. i long for the days of Soper and co. I`d prefer to see more variety in the cars and either back to running the two classes, or giving evrybody the same playing field. Because, to be honest, i found the Lexus car painfully embarrasing, given that it was up against vauxhalls. Yes i know all the reasons etc, but use a ford focus or audi please----The Lexus deserves much better treatment in the respect stakes.....is it a small wonder why they don`t sell more in this country when thats their best advert???????????? :tsktsk:

Although i enjoy all motorsport, for sheer spectacle and butt-clenching moments of incredulity and hiding behind the fingers, i don`t think you can beat Superbikes.

Remember Hodgson vx Walker a few years back, when his engine let go on the last lap to win the season. My heart broke for him.....

And elbowing each other at 180mph whilst overtaking for position is absolutely incredible...........they are nuts.

So for me World Superbikes, british superbikes, btcc, rally, F1, motogp in that order---but F1 is going to the end soon......

Now somebody get Team Lexus into gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links