Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost My Keys

On a shopping trip with my mum this afternoon to B&Q managed to lose my car keys!!! :angry:

Scoured the car park and store but no joy someone has picked them up and being part of this good natured society has decided to keep them. :angry:

Should i spend a fortune getting the locks etc changed?

There can't be much chance of them coming across my car...can there??

Anybody know how much a new key will be??

just thinking that if someone see you drop them and picked them up they could have followed you home .would then have access to your car and parents house .

my dad says he's gonna change the lock on the inner front door..as all mothers do she's stressing like mad that i've lost them

hopefully it'll just be kids that have picked them up and have now ditched them somewhere

you should be able to get a spare set from lexus using chassis no. etc, fingers crossed someone may hand them in to B&Q

edit, i just realised that you must have a spair set, but are worried about someone nicking your car with the original key...doh

Surely all these keys will be covered on the household insurance and will cover you for new keys and locks, worth a phone call to check :) Anything on the keys to help identify the car or house?

will get my mum to check house insurance monday..good thinkin

reckon it'd be quite a bill for new locks and keys

Surely all these keys will be covered on the household insurance and will cover you for new keys and locks, worth a phone call to check :) Anything on the keys to help identify the car or house?

My mate recently lost his car keys but knew they were in the house. He got the whole family looking EVERYWHERE, even the BINS! He rang Lexus Manchester up and they quoted him £1300! :blink: For new keys and locks. He had no spare set either!

Luckily for him his wife managed to find them in the end and prompt told him that the £1300 quid he has saved he now has to spend on her!! :whistling::lol: :P

My mate recently lost his car keys but knew they were in the house. He got the whole family looking EVERYWHERE, even the BINS! He rang Lexus Manchester up and they quoted him £1300! :blink: For new keys and locks. He had no spare set either!

Luckily for him his wife managed to find them in the end and prompt told him that the £1300 quid he has saved he now has to spend on her!! :whistling::lol: :P

£1300!!!!!!! Ouch! I think i might just be looking after the set i've got a little better!!

Why not fit another alarm to your car like a clifford or something and then your Lexus will be safe even if someone has your old keys and finds your car.

keep trying the police or b & q you never know they might turn up.

good luck and get another spare made today just to be safe.

Why not fit another alarm to your car like a clifford or something and then your Lexus will be safe even if someone has your old keys and finds your car.

i've left my details with b&q in the hope they turn up.

i'll give the local station a call in the morning

a bit off topic but i was coming out the gym the other day and opened my boot put me keys in the boot and put me bag in the boot and shut the boot

gutted keys was in the boot

and i then heard the auto lock

so all the doors locked and keys were in the boot

lucky i have two spare keys

Was it a local B&Q ? If not I might consider taking a chance and not bother worrying about the locks. (I presume you have the spare set back home).

Was there any form of identification on the keys, ie. reg number, house name/number ?

You MUST MUST MUST tell your car insurance company - it is your responsibility to have proper care and control of your keys at all times, no excuses. It will be in their interests to foot the bill for anew set.

You MUST MUST MUST tell your car insurance company - it is your responsibility to have proper care and control of your keys at all times, no excuses. It will be in their interests to foot the bill for anew set.

I didn't know that one - you learn something new every day as they say.

Yup, recently completed an insurance proposal form for Adrian Flux and they ask how many keys/immobilised fobs you have. And state that you must produce them all if the car is stolen.

Yup, recently completed an insurance proposal form for Adrian Flux and they ask how many keys/immobilised fobs you have. And state that you must produce them all if the car is stolen.

Wow, I ain't heard that one before (but then again I tend not to bother reading small print on Insurance documents and stuff) :blink:

I suppose it makes sense though

I bought my IS200 with one key...Lexus Stockport quoted me £315 to get 2 new sets of keys and all the locks changed i.e. doors, boot, ignition barrel and glovebox, which is pretty reasonable. Otherwise if u know a decent car alarm shop, they can re-program your remaining key and ignition system and sort u out with another key/fob (although this won't be a matching lexus key!)

i've left my details with b&q in the hope they turn up.

i'll give the local station a call in the morning

Hey,

you can ask Lexus to disable the missing key from the immobiliser's memory. That way someone with the missing key will be able to get into the car, but not start it.

To do this you need an original master key ... like your spare (if it's black). You can definately order a replacement key to replace your missing one - I made my dealer do it when they sold me my IS200 with just one key. Cannot tell you cost, but as it's only key (and not locks or immobiliser) it should be a couple hundred max.

Mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links