Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

i am considering getting these for the car to allow me to set up the timing more accurately http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/gs300-engine.htm (they are down there somewhere)

To be honest though i have never played with vernier pulleys i know i can use them to advance and retard my timing so would i be able to use them to tune the engine to give me a bit more power lower down the revs :duh:

Your advice would be appreciated

i'm going to use this thread to convince myself to buy stupid stuff for the car because no one is replying :D

todays thought is, is it really worth buying vernier cam gears without uprated cams

i'll be back to convince myself later :lol:

well as it's not entirely specific to the GS you could post it on to the general forum as I would like to know this too.

I did read that as the altezza's have vvti it woulnd't really benefit?? (diferent to the GS??)

still looks prett tho

well as it's not entirely specific to the GS you could post it on to the general forum as I would like to know this too.

I did read that as the altezza's have vvti it woulnd't really benefit?? (diferent to the GS??)

still looks prett tho

the later 2JZ-GE's are variable valve timed as well my version isn't but there is a few pulleys for vvti versions around so i assume the vvti works woithin 2 set parameters so your starting point could still be adjusted. think its advancing the timing to get the bang to happen just before full compression so by the time the whole thing catches up its working quicker at low revs not 100% sure which is why i thought i would post .

and the Venom cams gears are even prettier they look like ninja throwing stars :D

still looks prett tho

the later 2JZ-GE's are variable valve timed as well my version isn't but there is a few pulleys for vvti versions around so i assume the vvti works woithin 2 set parameters so your starting point could still be adjusted. think its advancing the timing to get the bang to happen just before full compression so by the time the whole thing catches up its working quicker at low revs not 100% sure which is why i thought i would post .

and the Venom cams gears are even prettier they look like ninja throwing stars :D

vvt-i doesn't work with two set parameters. The first v in the name standards for variable - the timing overlap is constantly varied based on rpm, load, throttle etc.

still looks prett tho

vvt-i doesn't work with two set parameters. The first v in the name standards for variable - the timing overlap is constantly varied based on rpm, load, throttle etc.

yes i know colin i probably described it badly but there will be a starting point and an end point through the rev range etc otherwise it wouldn't work at all

I have these on my 2JZ-GTE supe and guess what they are set to zero and will stay that way. Unless you intend on whacking a heap of boost on it or permanently running massive nitrous nozzles then they are a bit pointless. The 264 cams however are another matter completely. You will see benefits from these. How much on the GE motor I don't know but they make quite a difference on my GTE pushing 395 at the hubs on stock turbo's and injectors.

I have these on my 2JZ-GTE supe and guess what they are set to zero and will stay that way. Unless you intend on whacking a heap of boost on it or permanently running massive nitrous nozzles then they are a bit pointless. The 264 cams however are another matter completely. You will see benefits from these. How much on the GE motor I don't know but they make quite a difference on my GTE pushing 395 at the hubs on stock turbo's and injectors.

As dangerous says, no performance gains in fitting these as the best settings are stock!

If you have a MKII, and therefore VVTi, a Power Enterprise Camcon will let you make adjustments to the VVTi timing, this will give you more power, not a lot but some :)

Regards,

Gaz.

As dangerous says, no performance gains in fitting these as the best settings are stock!

If you have a MKII, and therefore VVTi, a Power Enterprise Camcon will let you make adjustments to the VVTi timing, this will give you more power, not a lot but some :)

Regards,

Gaz.

have seen a similar posting on the supra mk4 site i have no vvti though still may do it out of interest and to have a play

may consider doing the cams too just need to research what i would expect of them being a non turbo version and how to replace them i have an idea but to do the cams it would have to be very clear

I think the workshop manuals available for supes on eBay might give you the procedure. Its a bit of a pain on the N/A as you have to take the inlet housing off just to get at the cam covers which is a bit of a job in itself. Some of the peeps on the mkiv forum have done some work on their N/A's pink lady real name mandy gladstone has done quite a lot to hers so ask her what she's done. If you can as a guest try posting on the tech threads and see if anyone there will help you out.

I think the workshop manuals available for supes on ebay might give you the procedure. Its a bit of a pain on the N/A as you have to take the inlet housing off just to get at the cam covers which is a bit of a job in itself. Some of the peeps on the mkiv forum have done some work on their N/A's pink lady real name mandy gladstone has done quite a lot to hers so ask her what she's done. If you can as a guest try posting on the tech threads and see if anyone there will help you out.

i am the same username on mkiv forum as here its a useful place to find tech tips for the 2jz engine but going turbo is so of the masses i want something a little different :shifty::ph34r: but it hangs on whether or not i get my new job in october which is why i am thinking of doing some other stuff too to compliment it if it goes ahead

pink lady hasn't gone turbo she has done stuff like cams and that sort of thing which is why i suggested you talk to her. Rays the roof went with nitrous and some other mods, I did the nitrous thing but found getting the gas a pita so sold the N/A and bought a TT instead. Tuning N/A's is starting to get a bit more popular than it used to be and more people are trying things out rather than just "getting a tt" or going N/A-T

pink lady hasn't gone turbo she has done stuff like cams and that sort of thing which is why i suggested you talk to her. Rays the roof went with nitrous and some other mods, I did the nitrous thing but found getting the gas a pita so sold the N/A and bought a TT instead. Tuning N/A's is starting to get a bit more popular than it used to be and more people are trying things out rather than just "getting a tt" or going N/A-T

ah with you now this is very enlightening will go check it out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links