Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

I've been away, seeing the world...mostly with my eyes closed :blush:

Anyway, while I was away I began to wonder what Lexus are planning.... :yawn:

They have changed the GS, the IS is due in November and the LS is rumoured to follow shortly afterwards.

SO what about the RX?

In my opinion Lexus have got this remodelling plan dead right.

The GS was certainly too out of date to compete with the competition, the IS was headed that way and the LS needs to present a threat to the forthcoming S-Class.

Now with the RX we have a different situation. The RX still looks very modern and is definately up to date in the aesthetics department. However we have a new M-Class coming and the X5 is due a refresh in '07 (I think), Porsche will try and 'fix' the Cayenne this year as well. Additionally Lexus are trying to implement a new design language into the brand so will L-Finesse force LExus' hand into the replacement?

So when do you think Lexus will look to replace/facelift the RX?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I would think that the RX has to have at least 3 years left because of all those who have bought the 400H!

However this will hold up the whole L-Finesse thing!

Hi King, i agree with you, i can't see them changing the car, not with the launch of the 400h as you know there is a wating list and they don't come cheap, think there would be a bit of an uproar if they decided to change the car after a couple of years.

The RX400h has only just come out and I believe the RX300 will get a face lift next year (6 speed auto). New model will probably be 2007-2008 but may be depend on sales.

Hi Colin,

I see your point, given that the 400H has the CVT, but surely this means there will be no changes to the actual exterior or interior of the car. Also just a question, do Lexus actually do facelifts? When have they done one before? The thing is that I think Lexus may have slowed up the design language implementation with the launch of the 400H. I think what they should have done is changed the models, RX300 and 400H when they launched the hybrid car. As it is I think, especially given the high price, Lexus HAVE to keep the car the same - aside from technical aspects - for the next 3 years at the least! I can see them wanting to implement a 6/7 speed gearbox and the smartkey tech soon though! Take as a case in point the Bluetooth tech - they didn't 'facelift' for that!

:yawn:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links