Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Sc430 Owner

Nic

I have a SC430 on order, due February 03 and have just read Jeremy Clarksons review in the recent Top Gear, Loves & Hates Supplement where he describes the SC - "All in all this really is a pretty rubbish car". From the reviews I have read on this site, you guys who own one feel completely differently. What is it with the suspension? I am told that it has been revised and the run flats won't be on new deliveries. I test drove one for an hour and a half and despite being on the lookout for a harsh ride I never noticed a problem.

I would welcome hearing from owners regarding their views on this particular subject.

Nic]

I found this to be a problem with Top gear. At first they test drive the car as soon as it is released and cannot praise the car enough.. then 6 months later they do another review and put the car down.

Personally myself i think clarkson is an Idiot and I think the show gets a payoff

I saw these reviews on the IS200.. but when you look on their website they state it is a smashing car.

To overcome this problem we have out up a section called Owners reviews. This way you will get the real review of an owner experience.

This is better than any Top Gear program

http://teamlexus.co.uk/cgi-bin/review/star...review/stars.pl

Personally I think it depends what you want. No the SC is no boxster or SL merc. It does not handle as well or hold the road as well but if you are driving a car that looks as good as an SC are you going to be pushing the limits anyway - legally you'd struggle in the UK anyway. The SC is not a sports car so if that's what you want you'll be disappointed. The SC is not a luxury saloon so if that's what you want you'll be disappointed. It is a beautiful long distance tourer which you can take the roof off and carry 2 people if comfort and if that's what you want you'll love it. You can even stick kids in the back too - so long as they leave their legs behind!

Nic,

I spent some time nervously reading the reviews for the SC 430 too.

If you read any at all from the USA they rave,whereas in the UK they tend to comment on its poor ride qualities,handling etc,especially Clarkson who I recently watched on TV lavishing praise on the Citroen Berlingo!!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.I've owned the 911's,MGF's,Panthers,and similar and have traded my LS400 in for my 6 month old SC430.I love driving it,so does my wife.Its in the vein of a Grand Tourer not a track day racer.....and will probably outlive the competitors,which are few in this category.

I've no complaints about the ride;its very smooth,powerful,and refined.If your new one for next year is an improvement you'll be well pleased.Especially since you'll count on one hand the number you'll see in a week.

A plus point is also that it doesnt p**s people off with outragous air dams and aggressive styling,so you get to enjoy your car without tailgating boy-racers.

You've made what I consider to be a mature choice,relax and enjoy....when it arrives!

Regards,

Buzz.

I ride my car very hard, the Lexus sales guy was seriously scraed!. But in terms of ride quality, you should not have a problem. Lexus may well be bring out new tyres, but they will come with a new suspension setup as well. You may want to check this out as its s'posed to be softer than the current one. Also the run-flats can be expensive ~£415 ish so you need to think about the benefits against the costs. Also you cannot run run-flats with normal tyres on the car as well.

I have both been followed and stared at with mine, Younger guys love the car, older one appreciate it and generally everyone stares at it.

Regarding performance, you will have to find a very confident biker to race you from the lights. Boxsters, depends upon the driving and their abilities, TT no probs.

The car can handle very well if you are able to /want to give it a little nudging. But the size and weight will limit you a bit.

I have no qualms suggesting this car, as it has the right amount of stick out/I'm just another car, power/poise and of course the open air entertainment balance!

• 3 months later...
I have a SC430 on order, due February 03 and have just read Jeremy Clarksons review in the recent Top Gear, Loves & Hates Supplement where he describes the SC - "All in all this really is a pretty rubbish car". From the reviews I have read on this site, you guys who own one feel completely differently. What is it with the suspension? I am told that it has been revised and the run flats won't be on new deliveries. I test drove one for an hour and a half and despite being on the lookout for a harsh ride I never noticed a problem.

I would welcome hearing from owners regarding their views on this particular subject.

Nic]

Hi Nic

I too have a new SC due March 1st, if you consider Clarkson has recently taken delivery of a new SL merc which I guess was a cracking deal for him, I would not expect him to be honest enough to mention how much better the SC is than his Merc, don't worry the SC is great

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links