Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Xbox 360 Price Announced Today :)

Brettster

Microsoft have Given the price for the Xbox 360 and its Going to start at £210 Thats a bargain if you ask me :)

there will also be a Premium package at £280 which comes with loads of stuff worth around £100 if you got it on its own.

If your interested I have put the full price listings etc on my site Here Xbox3sixty

Think its £210 over priced as I won't be lining Billy Gates pockets  :P

its almost impossible to not line bill gates pockets, he owns a bit of everything!

Personaly i love the Xbox and the way it shook up the gaming world

hmmm...

your pricing looks to be based on what it will cost in the US...

you forgot to add the 'rip off britain' tax - which will mean nearer £300 for the basic system and £400 for the value pack..

Thats the price that Microsoft put in their press pack, it was already converted to £

so im hoping that is the real retail price. but I know what Rip Off Britian is like :(

There's no official date for it coming out in the UK yet, but I assume it to be out on Nov 25th.

Aido, Im sure there will be a mod or hack for it, It seems that games consoles sell better when they can be hacked, If the gamecube had of had its mod chip within year of it coming out im sure it would have been more popular than the Xbox. hehe

It'll be hacked mate, the guys who do them are amazingly skilled :D

Have to admit the only thing I use my XBox for is XBMC and MAME, left it in NTSC mode so I can get HDTV output :D

I'm disappointed with the lack of a standard internal hard drive, this will encourage developers to make games without the need for it and I thought the hard drive was a great feature of the Xbox.

I wasn't convinced about buying this at launch and am even less likely to now. I think I'll wait for the price to drop.

It'll be hacked mate, the guys who do them are amazingly skilled :D

Have to admit the only thing I use my XBox for is XBMC and MAME, left it in NTSC mode so I can get HDTV output :D

But nobody was skilled enough to do GameCube?!

Never have been a big fan of Xbox or Microsh :tsktsk: t as a company. The way they try and monopalise everything. But its each to their own I guess.

Nintendo Revolution all the way!! :D

Eh? GC was hacked mate? Viper etc?

But you could never by the games.I bought the Action Replay to play back up copies of games and could never find any on the web/abroad men in pubs etc..... And it took them far longer to break. :blush:

You ain't looking in the right places mate, I can see dozens here :P You need to know shadier people!

Might actually get the Qoob Pro stuff for my kit, looks nice and easy :D

You can even get a replacement lid for the gamecube so you can fit full sized dvdr's in it...

Im disapointed about the hard drive not being a standard feature too, Add on's never really get fully supported.

You can even get a replacement lid for the gamecube so you can fit full sized dvdr's in it...

Im disapointed about the hard drive not being a standard feature too, Add on's never really get fully supported.

Didn't know about that. Only tend to bother with Mario Kart whilst im at work. I went crazy when they first came out and was buying like 3 games a week. Have 60 games now as I had to snap out of the habbit.

Shame Nintendo never launched the Panasonic version of the cube. That was sell swiss!! :D

Yeah that was nice mate, saw a couple of imports and that was it!

That's a lot of games, I bought some with the console from Argos when they were dumping stock for £50 and the games were cheap too - I was surprised how good it was for a little box!

This is the sort of thing you want to be buying yourself for xmas mate:

Qoob Pro Bundle - chip and replacement case

There could be some hope:

85% of the Xbox360's Made will be the Premium Package that includes the HDD. The other 15% will be the core systems without the HDD.

Game developers are aware of this, with a 85% HDD attach rate from the start combined with MS's tools, makes it easy to enable disc caching and take advantage of it and also make tags to cache to RAM when the HDD is not present.

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGurPdLrGr08171253

Developers are still writing games to cache to a HDD just like they always have on the Xbox. Those Xbox360's that do not have a HDD will experience 2x-3x more loading time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links