Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vosa Have The Same Powers As Police To Stop

star a

VOSA

probably old news to some, but found out today that VOSA from april this year have the powers to stop a vehicle, at the roadside by flagging down or even using their own liveried vehicles which have orange flashers, not blue, so if you are wondering why what looks like a motorway maintenance vehicle, or rac or AA are trying to pull you over, you know why.

www.vosa.gov.uk

Not so sure that I'd stop for ANYONE not having blues and twos!

You can never tell whos in there - orange lights are easy to pick up.

Scarface may be able to tell us the legalities of NOT stopping - I would (if poss) drive to a police station and let them follow.

Too much carjacking going on at the mo

OK I'm a wimp!!

Not so sure that I'd stop for ANYONE not having blues and twos!

You can never tell whos in there - orange lights are easy to pick up.

Scarface may be able to tell us the legalities of NOT stopping - I would (if poss) drive to a police station and let them follow.

Too much carjacking going on at the mo

OK I'm a wimp!!

You're not a wimp mate that's sensible, it could be anyone.

I wouldn't stop for them either it doesn't matter how hard you are if they're armed (and let's face it these cowards usually are) you've got to hand it over or get stabbed/ shot.

It's obvious the traffic police have been reduced so much there isn't enough eyes on the road anymore so they're palming it off onto someone else. It's not the Traffic Policemen/ womens' fault, it's the muppetts in charge that cut the traffic units and try and use static cameras/VOSA to do the job on the cheap.

You are unlikely to be stopped by VOSA in a car unless it looks knackered. They are more interested in overloaded or unroadworthy commercial vehicles.

And even then they still use the Police to actualy divert / stop the vehicles they're interested in.

I once had a guy pull over in front of me when I put my amber lamp on.... silly bugger had consumed a bit to much falling down water and paniced!......

You are unlikely to be stopped by VOSA in a car unless it looks knackered. They are more interested in overloaded or unroadworthy commercial vehicles.

And even then they still use the Police to actualy divert / stop the vehicles they're interested in.

I once had a guy pull over in front of me when I put my amber lamp on.... silly bugger had consumed a bit to much falling down water and paniced!......

well this is what i thought until monday, VOSA officials pulling vehicles with no police presence whatsoever, sneaked that rule in didn't they?

well this is what i thought until monday, VOSA officials pulling vehicles with no police presence whatsoever, sneaked that rule in didn't they?

It has been reported quite widely in the road haulage press, but I haven't read anything in car magazines or newspapers.

It is causing quite a stir among some of the "less reputable" hauliers! HGV drivers used to avoid known weighbridges and checkpoints, but now this isn't good enough to avoid getting caught.

dont care who the police pass there powers too,, if there aint a marked police car with a blue tit on it,, i aint stopping.....

especially seeing as though the average person is now supposed to be psyhic and think to check the VOSA website for such newsflashes..

VOSA partols, mainly on the main motorways, will pull up in front of you and flash LED running banners ontop of their vehicle (often a Land Rover) saying "Vehicle Inspectorate. Follow me to the testing station at the next junction". Once at the next juction or a large servic station the make-shift testing depot is large and police patroled and quite safe. I have seen them do it to numerous knackered looking lorries on the M4, but never to a car. Best advice is if in doubt do not stop... especially for a blacked out cavelier (or similar) with 4 yardi looking men in it. :yack:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links