Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Key & Remote Boot Opening

muradx

Hi, very very new to Lexus and even newer to the club. Hi 1 & all.

2 points.

I just bout a IS200 SE Auto, Navigator, 2000 W reg, 109k miles, very good condition, 1 owner since new (im the second owner) HOWEVER....

1. I only got given ONE remote key, or any other key for that mater - guy said he only had one key. Do Lexus not give you 3 keys?

2. The key only has TWO buttons.. should there be 3 buttons on the key?... 1 for remote boot opening? Also the key does not go into the barrel of the boot lock and hence the only way i can open the boot is by the paddle by the drivers seat.

If i were to buy another key how much will it cost and are there any cheap online places i can get one from?..... how much to make the boot remote again/change the boot lock barrel? All else is fine, so far. Fingers crossed.

Grateful for any info. Thanks

I believe a new key will set you back GBP£150 notes! Thata according to Chris.S who works for Lexus Hanley!

Its NOT advisable to run the Lex on one key because if you do *** forbid lose that key you have there, your gonna have to get new keys all round plus change the immobiliser and other bits! Very costly experience indeed!

Get yourself a new Master key! The key u have there is the spare!!

GALLA_4

Hi fella, already said welcome ;)

Anyway, if you only have the key that sounds like the valet key (is it grey) then you may need new locks and everything as you need a Master key to program new one's on to the ECU

I only got two keys with mine, the master key and they had to have a new spare made up as the owner only handed in one key - I have no valet key.....

And to answer your other question, yes, new Lexus cars are sold with three keys I believe.....

150 notes? oh my *** im going to collapse. I expected owning a lexus be steep but a key?... a bit of metal and some plastic. oh dear or dear. Any cheaper alternative roots?

The key I have is not grey , but does only have 2 buttons (lock & unlock), and does not fit in the boots lock barrel.

surely there must be a ebay/similar root to getting it on the cheap?

Any ideas greatfully accepted.

If you've not got a master key you're knackered mate as you can't program new keys onto the system without that...

You can buy blank keys off eBay but you'd still need a Master key to be able to add them to the system - plus they don't come cut I beleive so you'd have to have it cut - to be honest I don't even know if that's possible?

If you don't have a master key you'll crap yourself when I tell you that the cost for everything is likely to be well over £500 for everything, can't remember the exact figure but it's a high cost!

Someone once called the insurance and said they'd lost the keys and the insurance paid out for new locks and everything to be fitted for them!

Welcome to the club firstly :D

Yep as previous replies, should have 2 keys with 3 buttons (boot) and one slave key 2 buttons which you appear to have :crying:

No easy way of sharing it but time to cough up, because the keys are special order methinks and costly

welcome to driving joy and money oblivion :crybaby:

Well worth it though :D

my luck will show the key is form Mars or Pluto or somehting.  I will enquire when i take it in for a service.  PS.  How much will a 110k service cost at a franchised dealer?

That's a minor so I guess a few hundred quid?

Hanley is probably the cheapest place in the country for services to be honest mate...

you may find that your key doesnt lock the glove box either. the key you have is the key your supposed to give to the valet driver or garage so they dont riffle thru your box or boot. I think its around £2000 for a new complete lock system, very steep, can you not ask who you got the car off to find their other keys for you?

thanks that pictures sorted it all out. I have a stupid valet boys key. I will write to the sole previous owner (as the dealer/part time dealer was a wally and didnt know) and beg/plead he searches for the master key for me.... or maybe his company (company car driver) still have it somewhere. Fingers crossed. Thanks guys for all your help. :)

Go back and give the guy a hard time mate!

When I went to negociate for my other Mr T cars all they could provide was one and two keys respectively. I said "Three keys I buy it, no three keys I walk away". Guess how many keys I have? These people are just lazy dickheeds who can't be bothered.

However, you are on a sticky wicket and I'll bet there is something on your sales invoice that reads "Sold as seen" or similar. If this is the case, I am sorry but you are up the cakky creek without a paddle as far as your legal rights are concerned.

there are some codes on the back of the one key I have... will that not suffice to get a new set made.... or must the door panels coem off to see the code on the lock? Also i just found these guys on net.... is it right or even applicable for UK Lexus?

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t92758.html

Your right..... it was sold as seen. I have coem accros this company (close to me by chance) from a google search. Any one heard of them or used them?

http://www.lostcarkeys.co.uk/

They seem to promise miracles for peanuts

there are some codes on the back of the one key I have... will that not suffice to get a new set made.... or must the door panels coem off to see the code on the lock?  Also i just found these guys on net.... is it right or even applicable for UK Lexus?

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t92758.html

That's all very good mate, but you still need to get hold of 2 new keys to start with....

Give them a call and see what they quote....but I'll bet they don't come much cheaper than Mr T  :ohmy:

sorry...being new and all that... who is Mr T and how am i to find and get a good deal from this mythical creature u call "Mr T". Hehe :geek:

Give them a call and see what they quote....but I'll bet they don't come much cheaper than Mr T  :ohmy:

sorry...being new and all that... who is Mr T and how am i to find and get a good deal from this mythical creature u call "Mr T". Hehe :geek:

Huh, Toyota Motor Corporation, probably represented by a dealership close to where you live :D

Of course, if you go visit the right dealer you will benefit from up to 15% discount as you are a Gold Member!

Oh i see now.... Im so stupid. I thought Mr T was a member.... i was doing a search for him. As my Gold pack hasnt turned up yet i do not know which dealers participate and which dont. Until my pack arrives im blind.... can a Gold member inform me of any Toyota/Lexus dealers in Central/East London participating in the scheme?

Of course, if you go visit the right dealer you will benefit from up to 15% discount as you are a Gold Member!

Oh i see now.... Im so stupid. I thought Mr T was a member.... i was doing a search for him. As my Gold pack hasnt turned up yet i do not know which dealers participate and which dont. Until my pack arrives im blind.... can a Gold member inform me of any Toyota/Lexus dealers in Central/East London participating in the scheme?

Use the Force, young Padwan.......go into Gold and all will be revealed :D

Hinty: apparantly there is some place called "Woodford" down your way

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links