Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Baby Seat For Is200?

kev0312

Can anybody help!

Had a baby 10 days ago ( well the missus did! ) and have been trying to get a baby seat for my car ( it is an x reg is200.) Have been to Halfords, Mothercare and Mama and Papas. Everytime we see a seat that we like, they check on the computer for compatibility and find that it isn't suitable or safe in a Lexus is200.

Apparently Lexus seat belts are too short, also there is some problem due to the seatbelt buckle being able to move rather than being rigid.

Does anybody know the names of any seats that are safe to be used in the car? If not, will have to tell the missus the good news that the baby will always have to go in her car and that there will be no cleaning vomit up required for me!

First one we got was a Graco Sterling Travel System and it was fine in the IS. It's the one where you have a base that stays in the car and you lift the whole seat out.

Got it from Babies R Us, they actually take the seat out to the car and try it to make sure it fits and is safe before they sell it to you, if it don't fit properly they won't let you have it.

I was asking about this the other week. Try Mothercare on Winnick Road (think that's how you spell it), Warrington. Not too far from you! It's a massive store and the girl I spoke to said that they had a staff member who could get a car seat to fit properly in any car she's tried, without fail. As mentioned above they take the seat to your car and ensure it fits before you buy. Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on as I'll be in the same boat soon! :yahoo:

Can anybody help!

Had a baby 10 days ago ( well the missus did! ) and have been trying to get a baby seat for my car ( it is an x reg is200.) Have been to Halfords, Mothercare and Mama and Papas. Everytime we see a seat that we like, they check on the computer for compatibility and find that it isn't suitable or safe in a Lexus is200.

Apparently Lexus seat belts are too short, also there is some problem due to the seatbelt buckle being able to move rather than being rigid.

Does anybody know the names of any seats that are safe to be used in the car? If not, will have to tell the missus the good news that the baby will always have to go in her car and that there will be no cleaning vomit up required for me!

Kev

We have a mamas and papas baby seat with the separate base and its no problem at all.

I would imagine most of them with separate bases are ok.

Webby

How does the ISOFIX thing work? I assume compatible seats clip straight into the lugs behind the rear seats - making it much safer then relying on the seatbelt which can sometimes have a tendency to wobble about.

Get a Recaro baby seat - look the dogs danglies ! :D

Is it worth asking Lexus what they reccommend?

For new born we used a Brittax Rock a Tot. When I called Brittax at the time (3 years ago) it was the only Brittax chair to fit the IS200.

Give them a call they will tell you what does/doesn't fit. Halford, Mothercare etc won't tell you in case they get it wrong.

In fact I think we have 2 sat in our cellar.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links