Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Damsel In Distress...!

Lexxy_703

:blush: i know alot of you are pretty good at this sort of thing, so i'm after a bit of assistance...

we've had our Sony DAV-S550 DVD/home cinema for just under 2 years. all working hunky dory - until now!

ALL the connections have been checked (not an easy task moving a huge 32in TV i can tell you :blink: ) but i just can't get a picture out of the darn thing, only sound.

nothing has been moved or changed recently but i'm still sure this is probably a connection problem?

i'll pop out & get a new yellow cable (see, i CAN be technical when i need to be! :duh: ) tomorrow, but i just wondered if anyone has any other (useful) ideas?

thanks in advance....now, what's on sky movies tonight? :geek:

Abbie

Very difficult to tell without being there to look, but if you are getting audio but no video it is deffo a connection problem. I would still try connecting up using a different AV input into the TV, and then scroll thru the AV selection until you pick up a picture.

This can be soooooo frustrating!

because your using a composite video lead for the picture, perhaps another scart lead from say your vcr or sky box is bleeding its signal , thing to do is pull out any other leads you have in the back of the TV and just leave the dvd one in and start from there.

What TV is it?

What type of connection are you using? SCART (usually a funny shaped plug with lots of pins in it)?

This is the DAV-S550 - yes?

DAVS550.jpg

TV is sony 32in wega w/screen, 32FX86 or something similar! TV/VCR/DVD all bought at the same time & no probs until now.

yup - that's the dvd/home cinema.

the connection is the yellow ended lead running from the dvd to a little scart conversion connection thingy box on the tv.

tried 3-4 diff discs, all the same result. none of the settings have been changed - ie progressive or interlace switch on back of dvd or settings via the screen for incoming signal.

BRETTSTER - if that's the case, wouldn't it have been like it from the start? not just now for no apparent reason?? :huh:

i've not had chance to get another lead today, but i'll have a play around with it tomorrow (oh, what joy! :duh: ) & try Mike's idea.

thanks for the suggestions guys..... :)

i'm sooo lookin forward to rolling round on our lovely hardwood flooring 2moz pulling cables & :tsktsk: !! :winky:

Maybe something in the DVD player has gone up the spout Abbie, a lot of kit nowadays isn't built to last, it's never good for a company's profit's anymore!

Can you try the DVD player on another TV just to prove it's working?

Alternativel, if you've got a flap on the front of the TV in most cases that hides a composite socket which you should be able to plug the yellow cable directly into - see if that works in there?

Alternatively if it's the compostite circuitry that's bust then maybe try a fully wired SCART cable to see if it works using an S-Video or preferably RGB connection - if you could get either of those you would see much better picture quality over the component (yellow) cable on it's own, S-Video is better and then RGB is the best (not taking into account component, DVI or HDMI which you don't have here!!!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links