Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gps Radar Detectors

I have currently got a Snooper SD815is radar detector, which is brilliant most of the time but I am getting sick of all the false alarms (it picks up traffic light cameras and shop burglar alarm systems too!).

The time has come to upgrade to a GPS system, but the question is which one??

I have seen the Origin Blue i in Rods car and I liked the look of it a lot. The only other one I have seen is the Geodesy which looks a bit crappy in my opinion, and according to certain websites does not have as many features. I am 95% certain that I am going to go for the Origin Blue i, but I would value anyone's opinion before I take the plunge.

Cheers Guys/Gals :D :D :D

Personally I like the Geodessy - it is mounted low out of sight from outside the car, so not bothered how it looks.... it has been around longest so has the biggest database and most users (adding to that database) - and the Plus has features such as only beeping if you are actually over the limit, so if you are sat in a queue it doesn't drive you nuts bleeping away, it is speed sensitive so gives you a longer warning if you are travelling faster..... if you are under the limit, it gives one beep to alert you, then is quiet (so long as you remain under the limit) but still displays the indicator lights.

The Origin Blue i only flashes up cameras that are on your side of the road and you can set it to only alert you if you are going over the speed limit. Both of these are really useful features so, I think I am going to go for it Rod.

Nice one Andy - there's a dealer in Gold who will give you a discount mate - check the list.

Personally I like the Geodessy - it is mounted low out of sight from outside the car, so not bothered how it looks.... it has been around longest so has the biggest database and most users (adding to that database) - and the Plus has features such as only beeping if you are actually over the limit, so if you are sat in a queue it doesn't drive you nuts bleeping away, it is speed sensitive so gives you a longer warning if you are travelling faster..... if you are under the limit, it gives one beep to alert you, then is quiet (so long as you remain under the limit) but still displays the indicator lights.

With Sammy on this one, I think it is all down to personal taste, every one of the GPS systems come down to how intrusive in the car do you want them and how techy. The Geodessy is small compact and very easily transfered between cars, it's not built for looks just for functionality, it's the one to go for if that's what your after. If you want the extra features and LCD display the no question the Origin is the one. The rest are just pretenders.

I bought an Origin Blue at the motor show. I went to a stand that was selling all the types available.

I asked them as an idependant seller which would they recommend.

So, I came away with the Orgin Blue, which will be upgradeable soon to detect Handheld devices as well as fixed.

A close second was the new Snopper GPS device which can also detect handheld devices.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links