Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ode To The Is200

How's it the song goes.......... "you never miss the water til the well runs dry" :crybaby:

My wife has had my IS for the last four weeks or so cos she had a little "fender bender" in her own car (I know I'm mental but such are the joys of wedlock) and in this time I've been driving her "front modified" 2004 1.6 Avensis.......... not a bad car I might add, certainly comfortable, bit sluggish (big shell for a 1.6 to lug around) but having finally sorted the insurance and left her car in for repair I am now driving...........

a 1.4 2001 Seat Ibiza :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I started out being angry having to drive it............. now its gotten to the stage that its so bad I actually find it funny :lol::lol::lol::lol:

like when you are trying to pull off from the lights and it hops outta 1st gear :lol: ..... or when you enter a bend at 15mph and it feels like your world is coming to an end :lol: ...... or if you try to stop quickly and get the impression you'd be better off opening the door and putting your foot to the ground :lol:

....... it just makes me realise how much I take my IS (and all the good things that it does so effortlessly, quietly, seamlessly and without fuss) for granted :D

I had my 80k service yesterday and there was a problem with courtesy car availability so I ended up with the service manager's own 1.8 Avensis. It was comfortable and the brakes were good and erm thats about it. Handling, performance etc was :sick: Not surprising I suppose. Oh one good thing was the fuel economy - 40mpg!! Grrr

I had my 80k service yesterday and there was a problem with courtesy car availability so I ended up with the service manager's own 1.8 Avensis. It was comfortable and the brakes were good and erm thats about it. Handling, performance etc was :sick: Not surprising I suppose. Oh one good thing was the fuel economy - 40mpg!! Grrr

How much was your 80k service mate??

Cheers

Chris

I remember a week after having my car I drove my wife Nissan Sentra, I nearly died. The car felt strange. The funny part is; before I bought the lex I had a Nissan Sentra just as hers and the car felt fine.............I just cant go back.

trinilex....................... :driving:

I know you said it's about wedlock and all but why on earth would you have to drive the shiiters if it was your wife who pranged her own car. She should be driving the scrappers as punishment for crashing the car.

If it was the other way about would your wife drive the munters for you so you could stay in a respectable car???? :huh:

Just some food for thought! :D

I know you said it's about wedlock and all but why on earth would you have to drive the shiiters if it was your wife who pranged her own car. She should be driving the scrappers as punishment for crashing the car.

If it was the other way about would your wife drive the munters for you so you could stay in a respectable car???? :huh:

Just some food for thought! :D

I know............ like I said I must be mad........... she was afraid to drive the banged up Avensis........... doesn't look pretty but mechanically its sound.......... YOU try convincing a woman that having no grille, two damaged (but working) headlamps, no front fogs and a bumper thats popped either side at thw wings in no way affects the handling / operation of her car and see how you get on :P

I now have the Ibiza as its a loaner I'm insured in but she isn't so needs must, roll on Friday when she gets her Avensis and I gets me LEX back :)

I now have the Ibiza as its a loaner I'm insured in but she isn't so needs must, roll on Friday when she gets her Avensis and I gets me LEX back

SO! You think she'll let you have the Lex back so easily???

I had to get rid of the wife to get mine back. Not before she'd put half a dozen dents in it & kerbed all four wheels. Just couldn't bear to go on. It's the not knowing what she was doing with the car when I was out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links