Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Carputer Project!

MrADeveci

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not jaffa cakes anees,,, GEOFFacakes

:lol: Geoff is also pioneering a new religious cult too, but I'll leave him to explain that one. All I will reveal is that the teachings are based off the back of a Jaffacake(geoffacake) packet ingrediants list! :lol:

Think I'll get beaten to death if I go into that one don't you? :lol::lol: Sorry :offtopic:

Don't remember your suggestion about PAL at all though...... do you Scarface?

Nope .... he was the one that told me to change the setting on that PAL / NTSC thing in the first place when we was upstairs !! :lol:

I have started the car up now @ 14 degrees ..........

then again @ 24 degrees .......... perfect ! :D

It's all very complex really, but briefly it's

Jaffaism.

The whole cake is the ultimate, where as E numbers are like the sub-gods of Jaffaism. The more E's you have, the happier you feel...... etc.

At the moment, similar to Ramadan, it's the time for Jaffaman. Basically you eat as many Jaffa cakes as you can, man. Usually last 70 years or so but hopefully longer.

Courtesy of Anees extracting the urine out of the number of Jaffas I eat :

image001.jpg

I SOOO wanted to put that picture up this morning!! But I didn't want to do it without asking Guru Geoffers first. :D

Think you need to change the name of your Jaffa Cake munching cult to GEOFFAISM now that Paul has come up with that.

Plus where is the fun in buying something for the car that just works?? I'd much rather spend weeks researching, hunting eBay for bargains, building and testing. :P

Seriously however it wouldn't have the same sense of achievement (or frustration!!). :D

I'd much rather spend weeks researching, hunting ebay for bargains, building and testing. :P

I'd agree on the eBay for bargains mate ...........

but I hate to tell you this, but my PC just worked .............. pluged straight in ... and it was fine ! (apart from the PAL bios setting) and that's not really a problem! ;)

So like I said before ........ you build dodgy pc's ! :lol:

I'd much rather spend weeks researching, hunting ebay for bargains, building and testing. :P

but I hate to tell you this, but my PC just worked .............. pluged straight in ... and it was fine ! (apart from the PAL bios setting) and that's not really a problem! ;)

Congrats on the install Scarface and co. Looks cool.

I agree with you anees, the researching, buying, building, fabricating, installing and bleeding is most enjoyable :D

And for the record mine worked first time too :winky:

Built over 150 PCs over the past two years and had no problems - its just the one in the car thats a pain! :ph34r:

Mine did work at first too.... think I might send some bad karma your way! :shifty::shifty: :P

Superb install, well done chaps, got a nice stealth look about it :D

Don't forget - this is connected to the OEM satnav, so no aftermarket screen anywhere.

So the OE screen has a high enough resolution for films and stuff then?? perhaps its just the nature of the sat nav graphics that makes it look low res

So the OE screen has a high enough resolution for films and stuff then?? perhaps its just the nature of the sat nav graphics that makes it look low res

Yes, you got it mate ......... it's just those lousy Lexus graphics that make it look dull ......... the resolution is fine ! :D

UPDATE:

Well, been runing the car puter for a few days now ......... or is it a week I don't know!

What have I come across ?

The resolution on Windows XP was a total b*tch ! - What do I mean ? well, we established, that the 2001 DVD sat nav and the 2003 DVD sat nav screens are actually different.

Mine only supports PAL where as the newer ones support both PAL / NTSC. What this was doing, was when windows would start .... I was not seeing about the bottom 15% of the screen, if that makes sense ?

It wasn't so much of a problem, when you could move the start logo to the top, but it's a complete night mare for everything else.

With regards to my media, I realised that MEDIA PLAYER 10 and / or WINAMP just wasn't going to happen, because I have soo many media files, it was just too much!

There was no way I could easily select tracks, and it was just annoying me.

I went for some front ends ...... media engine, frodo player , road runner .... and loads more.

In total I must have tried about 8 - 10 different front ends, but the problem ? I was missing the buttons on the bottom area of the screen !!!

I finally found a front end, CentraFuse 2 this is the absolute greatest front end for me ! In the options screen, it gives you the option to fully customize the start up of the program on start up!

I have figured that the screen in the lex needs a 800 x 480 resolution set up! and now, it just works great .... CentraFuse starts up automatically, and it handles all my media, with icons, search , playlists .... it's just the ultimate front end !

Below are some more screen shots of the new front end ............. how it's supposed to be !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links