Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Work Done Today

MacRS200

Fitted new pads on the rear, EBC Green Stuff and changed the oil.

Decided to go for Castrol Edge Sport 0W-40, for £10 a litre it should be good and thought the SAE 0 would help on cold starts as winter is coming up.

Anyway after first start up I watched the oil pressure guage, as you do and it seemed to take ages to come up. Timed it and it takes about 25 seconds to reach the normal position that I remember. Having never watched it build up before I wonder if one you Tezza boys could check if yours takes as long as that to get up :D

Just worried that that the SAE 0 may be just too thin when cold.

TIA Neil

Neil

mine takes a while to come up, then soon as you give it some throttle the pressure goes up after few seconds.

If its on Low then you have something to worry about lol

I presumed that you are looking at the stock oil pressure in the dial? :unsure:

It sure takes ages to climb, or fall. If you have a aftermarket oil pressure gauge, the climb is instantaneous!

FYI, my oil pressure hovers around 3 bar at idle, and between 7.5~8.5 bar while driving. Oil pressure can hit 10 bar when engine has not warm it sufficiently :winky:

I presumed that you are looking at the stock oil pressure in the dial?  :unsure:

It sure takes ages to climb, or fall. If you have a aftermarket oil pressure gauge, the climb is instantaneous!

FYI, my oil pressure hovers around 3 bar at idle, and between 7.5~8.5 bar while driving. Oil pressure can hit 10 bar when engine has not warm it sufficiently  :winky:

Yes talking about the stock pressure gauge, so nothing to worry about then.

• 2 months later...
Could someone tell me what there oil pressure gauge is at when your driving along

mine sits half way at idle but climbs up to a similar angle to what the battery charges at when being driven

never noticed this before

is this normal ?

Same as mine mate

Could someone tell me what there oil pressure gauge is at when your driving along

mine sits half way at idle but climbs up to a similar angle to what the battery charges at when being driven

never noticed this before

is this normal ?

same here :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys,

my question if related so rather than starting an new thread i posting on this old one... ok

Is the recent " Hot " weather having an effect on anybody elses oil gauge???

mine has become alot more active moving up and down more frequently than it used to.....

Does this sound normal? or have i got a gauge problem?

My own thinking is the oil Mr.Toyota used is a bit on the thin side due to the higher daily temps......

It's due an oil & filter change next month.... will i wait or should i get it done sooner?

oh.... anyone else using a "celica" filter on their Tezza ?

It was recommended by my garage as it is longer than the Altezza one..... do they fit ok?

Thanks

Noel

OK thanks I'll stop fretting so.... :)

About the Celica filter..... who uses it ? if anybody?

Same filter as for the Celica and the MR2. I use the Greddy sports filters which are supposed to hold +40% more particles than the standard filter

90915-TA001 is the part number of the filter i use! Toyota only have bout 7 r 8 different sizes anyway! its very likely that the celica runs the same filter

I run a MR2 spec Power Enterprise oil filter, no probs here. Oil Pressure is fine.

Make sure the physical size isn't too much longer than the original, otherwise you;ll be playing with the oil pressure

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links