Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Whats Wrong With My Car

mus26c

My problem started when I installed my new Battery on Monday. I noticed few problems after the installation, one of them is that my speedometer works on and off, and my engine idles around 670 rpm and it was like 1100 rpm before the installation.

The acceleration of the car is sluggish when the speedometer reads zero and I am actually doing between 30 to 40 mph, and when the Speedo works the car acceleration becomes normal as before installation was carried out.

another thing. When im driving the steering wheel works perfect but as soon as I slow down completely it becomes very heavy (stiff)

I am not too sure but I am suspecting a faulty Speedo converter is causing most of these problems.

Appreciate any help and advice on this problem

Thanks in advance

The idle looks normal.

Sounds to me, like it's speed sensor or traction control problems. Check the fuse.

If one of the traction control sensor is faulty, the ECU will think that you are losing traction and engage traction control accordingly. Since your speed is reading zero, but you are actually moving, the ECU believes that you are moving off from stationary on slippery surface, and will apply the necessary braking on the rear wheels.

This is why you feel sluggish during acceleration when speedo reads zero. As for braking, probably the same will apply as the front gets lock when ABS kicks in.

To Am: all this started after the installation of the new Battery, I did reset the ecu but didn’t help, first time I noticed the speedo problem was 2 weeks ago and it happened only once, but after the installation is like on and off all the time. and the car was not sluggish as its now.

To Zee: I have no idea who carried out the speedo conversion, but I guess the previous owner did all the work when he imported it.

To chisiang: will check the fuse this morning. Do you know the location of the speed sensor?

thanks in adavance

UPDATE

I Just removed my speedo converter from the car and all problems are gone the car is back the way it was :D, now the only problem I am having is my speed is reading in Km/h, I am looking to get a replacement speedo converter any recommendations for top quality one?

I found speedm8 converter, anyone used it before?

http://www.ncs-systems.com/details.php?pID=1213

thanks in advance

I had mine done in Southampton.

Took them an hour (while I waited).

I can dig out the details if you wish? They obviously know how to do it because they did mine and I've had no problems whatsoever (touches wood)...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links