Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Prison Break

Adie

For Aido and Brett and anybody else that has been watching it. It looks like some bad news :crybaby:

Late Summer, FOX launched its serial thriller "Prison Break" as essentially a place holder until the arrival of the fifth season of "24". With its slot as the first new drama of the season to premiere, the network had hopes it would do enough to last out its run and then the Kiefer Sutherland juggernaut could move in.

Then a surprise came - it did well, very well. Ok maybe not "House" or "24" at its peak well, but certainly enough to raise eyebrows. Its pilot scored 10.5 million viewers, a great number which the network was very happy with but many expected it drop significantly once more regular scheduled programming returned on other networks.

It didn't. Despite a recent three-week hiatus for a dismally rating baseball world series, "Prison Break" has dropped less than 5-10% of its viewer numbers from its strong pilot - managing 9.2 million on average before the hiatus, whilst its first episode back scored 9.8 million viewers. However, even with a loyal fanbase built, it now looks like the network might ruin it.

Why? Its time for "24" to move back into that timeslot. "Prison Break" goes on hiatus again on November 28th along with most shows as they take their Christmas/New Year break. Instead of returning it mid-January in a new timeslot though, a rep from the network revealed to USA Today that the final nine episodes of the season will be pushed all the way back to May to air over the Summer. The question remains, will the audience still be around?

Blimey now that is a long wait for the new episodes :o

I think Dominic Purcell is bad luck, first John Doe then this :o

Think there is a long wait for the new episodes of the 4400 too?

Hope they don't can it as it has good potential!

6 Months!!!

3 weeks is killing me waiting for a new ep of Lost, I really like Prison Break too and so do some of my mates.

4400 also liked that watched all of season 2 and then thought WTF at the end of that season!!

Anyway Guys did u see the Lost Rhapsody I posted ? funny stuff

Lost Rhapsody Link

P.S like the Dharma (The Swan) logo you got there Aido :winky:

• 9 months later...

Series 2's just started in the US. Recaps at www.fox.com/prisonbreak/recaps/

Five have it listed as "returning" but no date yet. It's still listed as Monday 10pm but it's not on at that time next week, so that's probably left over from series 1.

Series 1 is out on DVD (region 1 now, region 2 on 18th September).

Region 1 (US) from amazon.com: $47.35 inc. expedited delivery (£25.09)

Region 2 (EU) from amazon.co.uk: £43.97

Just ordered it from the US. :D

Watched the first episode of season two this morning - it's a cracking start to the season, definitely up to the standards they set last year :D

Sound. I've only just seen that it was on last night. So I'm going to get it now :)

I stay well away from BT and P2P - only ever use it if I absolutely have to!

Newsgroups are the only way for me!

I was a bit disappointed with Lost last year, it kind of lost the magic a bit for me, hopefully JJ will have more time to focus on it now Alias and MI3 are out the way...

I stay well away from BT and P2P - only ever use it if I absolutely have to!

Newsgroups are the only way for me!

I was a bit disappointed with Lost last year, it kind of lost the magic a bit for me, hopefully JJ will have more time to focus on it now Alias and MI3 are out the way...

HHhmmm you'll have to tell us what the newsgroups thing is mate.. I use P2P (I think) :unsure:

I've just read the recap for episode 201. Could tell you what happens to Sara Tancredi... or Veronica... or T-Bag... or... or...

...but I won't :P

Basically mate you pay for access to the servers, using providers like Easynews and Giganews in the US, and then you can download so much a month for x amount of money - Easynews is something like 6 quid for 20Gigs of data...

Basically you get stuff nice and quick and you don't have to upload like you do with Torrents and P2P which is the legal grey area - at the moment they're only going after people who are sharing, and not the people just just leech (or download)

It's worth it in my opinion, easily max my 22Mb connection out with the newsgroups, fasted Torrent I ever saw was when I was on a private torrent forum and got something like 800Kb/sec - I'm seeing double that all the time with the newsgroups :D

It can be harder to find stuff, but they have sites like Mininova which index the News stuff

It's probably all illegal though :o

I'm with you Aido, Newsgroups are definitely the place to "obtain" stuff from. I use Easynews and think it's the dogs. I agree that sometimes it can be harder to find stuff but Easynews have now added a beta global search. Once you login you should be at members.easynews.com, just add /global to the end and it takes you to a new page where you can search across all newsgroups.

Worst thing about "hit" tv series is...... if they are very popular then they drag out any ending as long as they can.....

I remember seeing the english actor (can't remember his name) from Lost saying the exact same on Jonathan Ross's show..... Ross asked him what the hell is going on with the storyline direction.... or were they making it up from week to week?, basically he said that originally there was an ending but because the show turned out to be so popular that they kept adding in stuff just for the sake of keeping it going....

I got S02.01 last nigt, not watched it yet.

I was with Easynews but was using up my 20G in a weekend, so now with News-unlimited (I think - can check when I am home tomorrow), 14 USD a month for unlimited and I max my 10Meg line out all the time.

I use newsbin.com for my nzb files ( a bit like torrent files) and SABnzbd (under linux) to auto download, repair, join and unpack and then delete the files not needed.

http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=1 has all the info you should need on newsgroups :)

I also love Lost thanks to the last 4 or 5 episodes in series 2, and I really started getting into Prison Break as well, can't wait to get them both :P

I also love the O.C but I bet there's not many of you that watch that on here ;)

But my favorite was Sopranos by far, when the hell is the last series going to be on??? I've been waiting forever. :whistling:

^^^How spooky just saw an advert for the new series starts e4 31st August at last....

Just watched it. was a good episode.. But why are the prison guards chasing the convicts? Are there no Police or anything? And who is guarding the prisoners in the prison?? :duh:

@ chrisis200 - I didn't think that much to the latest series of the Sopranos. It wasn't up to the usuall standards.. Still good though. I think its out here in September in a few weeks on E4 or it might actually be this Thursday or next??

Deadwood is another excellent series too :)

@ Aido - what's happened to Surface? Has it gone the same way as that alien programme?? Can't remember what it was called... Threshold????

Edited by Adie

Yes Adie Sopranos starts next Thursday on e4 :D just saw the adverts again on normal 4.... Last series to should go back to lots of killing etc I believe can't wait till it starts...

Did someone mention Invasion ^^the alien thing I thought you were talking about adie, I missed the last few so had no idea how the first series ended lol...

No mate, I've never watched Invasion.

There is not that much killing etc in the new series of Sopranos. I watched it a few months ago on the internet. There are only 12 episodes this time too.

I think they are actually going to make another final series after this one of around 6 episodes.

@ Aido - what's happened to Surface? Has it gone the same way as that alien programme?? Can't remember what it was called... Threshold????

Yeah it got binned mate after the finale, shame as it showed promise towards the end!

As for Invasion, that did get a bit better towards the end, but it was binned as well!!!

Lost was one of the few scifi survivors, even Stargate SG1 has been cancelled now!

Yeah that was Threshold mate, it got canned, in the UK Sky showed a few more episodes that had been filmed but they never made it over to the US so I've got no idea how that one finished!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links