Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do You Think About These? ;)

SpOcK

I also sent one std piston (Thanks again Daz! :)) to US today as a model for the new forged pistons. Uprated rods, pistons, and thicker head gasket, and I should be able to run greater 1.0-1.2 bar boost and more POOWEEERR! :driving:

Let's play a guessing game.... :shifty:

Would your engine run with only the rods?? :blush:

:D

You mean this??:

I also sent one std piston (Thanks again Daz! smile.gif) to US today as a model for the new forged pistons. Uprated rods, pistons, and thicker head gasket, and I should be able to run greater 1.0-1.2 bar boost and more POOWEEERR! driving.gif

Yes! :D

New guessing game:

Do you think I read your first post very exactly :question:  :blush:

You won't need a thicker head gasket when you set the CR down with the pistons. B)

Maybe you didn't read very thoroughly... :lol:

I won't reduce the CR with the pistons, as I want to retain the possibility to use also the std CR, if I want to revert back to N/A e.g. when selling the car. So I'll use thicker head gasket to lower the CR. 1mm extra on head gasket equals lowered CR from std 10:1 to 9:1.

so what power are you hopeing to see when this is done  :whistling:

Somewhere between 350-400 hp... :shifty:

In 4th or in 5th gear...... :shifty:

:tomato::lol:

Just a little snippet from another thread on this forum. 'Nuff said... :whistling:

---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---

Drive train losses aside, the gear in which the measurement takes place does not matter.  In 4th the measured force will be higher, but the speed lower than in 5th, theoretically giving the same power. 

---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Amen! :)

These are BB's new guts

Rods look quite a bit similar to the originals, what make are they? Maybe from 1G-GTE? And what about the pistons, what make?

Oh, I got it now... :blush: Just read another thread, and it seems that you have IS300 in stead of IS200... That explains the difference, and more "robust" appearance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links