Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boost Controller

I had my car in at Thor Racing today to have a Greddy Profec B-spec 2 fitted.

This was to see if the problem of the boost dropping off would be sorted. The rolling road was originally at 204 bhp @ flywheel after the turbo conversion although the torque was alot higher. There was a few possibilities why this might have been.

I then had a decat pipe and straight through 2.5" pipe put in to replace the last baffle. A lot noisier. Then i had a dyno pack at Thor Racing. The results were 220 bhp @ flywheel. But the car was maxing at .5 bar of boost and dropping off to .3 bar. So was really only running around .3 - .4 bar after 4500 - 5000 revs.

So Thor fitted the boost controller and as they were setting it in the dyno pack they did a slight remap to get the fuelling down and to try and sort the boost drop.

They were able to drop the figures in the emanage but the fuelling still runs off lean at 5000 revs. This will hopefully be sorted by fitting a fuel thingy (cant remember what its called).

The torque has increased again and also the power 240 @ flywheel.

The boost still drops off which hopefully be sorted by fitting the fuel thing. But now it peaks at .6 bar then slowly drops off to .5 at 5000 revs.

So hopefully be running more power in a couple of weeks when thats sorted.

Top blokes at Thor really know their stuff when it comes to the electrical and mapping side of things.

Power:

Bottom one (green) = Old dyno

Middle one (green) = New Low setting

Top (blue) New high setting

gallery_7884_98_64978.jpg

Fuelling : Top (green) = old dyno / Bottom (green) New low setting - (blue) New high setting

gallery_7884_98_205996.jpg

Torque : Bottom (green) old dyno

Middle (green) New low setting

Top (blue) New high setting

gallery_7884_98_204162.jpg

Check the duty cycle setting on your BC ;)

they are maxed out :winky:

Yep. Not alot more to get out of the standard engine without doing internals and injectors etc :crybaby:

The boost drop doesn't depend on the fuel feed.

Check your wastegate! :)

Yep. Not alot more to get out of the standard engine without doing internals and injectors etc :crybaby:

Thats going to be checked next week along with the actuator arm, when the fuel pressure regulator is fitted.

Thats going to be checked next week along with the actuator arm, when the fuel pressure regulator is fitted.

you geting there then adie :winky: see at the Pod on sunday mate

you geting there then adie  :winky:  see at the Pod on sunday mate

Yes mate. Then i'll sell it :crybaby:

See you tomorrow if not later today ;)

you going to sell it when its done :crying:

Im not going today now mate............but i will be there on sunday :winky:

P.S i have seen a very nice Supar zr... for sale..............with about 500bhp :whistling: £12,000

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links