Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Me Decide

tempo

Finally made up a set of MK1 sports alloys, 3 refurbished and checked for buckle by lepson in kent and brand new 10" rear (thanks Robjonk). They look really nice. the problem is i put a deposit on 19" ace 132 alloys but when i saw them in real life it didn't have the Wow factor i wanted.

the cost of tyres may cost me the same as the remender for the 19" wheels. i will loose a percentage of my deposit. Saying that i feel the sports wheels will make the car look better. i Know some people have had bad experiences with the sport wheels but i have 2 new ones and two well refurbished ones.

What do you think?

I would say go for the original Sport wheels as they are unique and do keep your car as standard spec. Ah but you have an Aristo so you may not mind.

But then as you know I am biased cos I luv the original Sport wheels!!

Edited by Monster-Mat

thanks guys, am amased by the positive feedback for the sports alloys. just have to find deccent tyres.

i have been looking at the prices for Dunlop Sport 8080 as recommended by keith. also used on the m5,m3.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm considering swapping over my blitz z1 19"s for a set of gs sport rims as on my lowered ride the quality of ride is just not baby freindly. Anyone know where I can pick up a set for reasonable money?

very diffecult to find in good condition. except if you want new ones which are expensive. i have two in my garage which i bought used but are bent in the middle. i think a gs owner had a set of 8.5" for sale.

Yeah i saw the 8.5's. I think they were sold though chap. Seems like you hear that these wheels bend alot. If thats the case I'm thinking perhaps not such a great idea after all. I'd actually consider buying them new as second hand the blitz rims are worth more than the lex sport wheels new methinks with the blitz rims going for £650 a pop new :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links