Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

X-box 360

Tony9r

Just found out today that the X-Box 360 I pre-ordered from my local Coices Video store will be available on 02/12/05 which is the official release date for the UK... and was told I'm one of the lucky few as there is a major shortage of these things (only 13 allocated for my store).

Now, back in August I ordered the fully loaded package which includes 20 gig hard-drive, head-set etc for £279.99...

BUT :crying:...

All choices Video outlets have only been allocated the packages which includes two games of your choice...

All very well you may all think...

NOPE... for £100 more :o :yack: :crying::crybaby:

I said I didn't want the two games, they said "well you can't have the console then!!!"

So if you pre-ordered your console from Choices, it's gonna cost you a wee bit more than you thought :yawn:

I've ordered mine from Game. I had an email the other day saying there's not enough stock so i wont be getting mine on the release day but it might be soon after.  :angry:  :crybaby:

You'd have thought Microsoft would have learnt a lesson from all that p*****g about with Sony's PS2 :yawn::angry:

They're now saying that there may not be enough coming in the country to fill orders before Christmas :o

IVe ordered mine from HMV and they are forcing a 3 game pack for £399 so its not that bad, my guess is that you should buy your console from choices with the 2 games and sell the lot for a vast profit on eBay. or I know someone who is desperate to get one for his son for Xmas....

Phoned trading standards and explained the situation.

They say that I am well within my rights to purchase the package at the original price as stated the day I pre-ordered... as long as the receipt for my deposit states "X-Box 360"

BUT...

The receipt say's nothing as to what the deposit is for - just an amount :angry:

Going to pay the shop a visit today and see what I can do :yawn::whistling:

how did it go?

They've agreed to do the package at the original price, and I only have to buy one game instead of two (which was my original intention) :winky:

Amazing what the mention of Trading Standards can do :whistling::lol:

A friend of mine who work in Curry is trying to get me 1 Next Friday when it release, finger cross.... :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

you be lucky Maz :whistling: i think your best bet is eBay............But only one thing about the eBay ones...........they are going for £400+ :crying: and thats just the std ones, the ones with 2 games are going for all most £500 :sick:

A friend of mine who work in Curry is trying to get me 1 Next Friday when it release, finger cross.... :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

I'm in the same position mate, hopefully looking like Wednesday this week for mine.

You can get it on Wednesday? though it coming out on Friday????? damn have to ask my friend Tomorrow....hehehe :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I'm in the same position mate, hopefully looking like Wednesday this week for mine.

Yep it did, hand delivered this evening. Not had much time to play with it yet, bit too busy.

Gonna take tomorrow nite and have a good mess around.

Piccy

Received a few games this morning for xbox 360. But no console :crybaby:

Had another email telling me that as soon as more are in stock they'll let me know. It also says that its an automated email :huh:

Yet another email telling me that my xbox 360 will be with me tomorrow morning :o :D

@ Lee, whats it like mate :question:

Received a few games this morning for xbox 360. But no console :crybaby:

Had another email telling me that as soon as more are in stock they'll let me know. It also says that its an automated email :huh:

Yet another email telling me that my xbox 360 will be with me tomorrow morning :o  :D

@ Lee, whats it like mate :question:

So far not too bad, have to get the wireless network adapter tho, save on wires.

Power supply is huge and the best thing is being able to turn it on from the wireless controller.

Only played Project Gotham 3 and have to say WOW, graphics are astounding, wired it up to the surround system and is superb. Its gonna be well worth the wait mate. Not sure there will be much use for the headset tho. Have to get xbox live working so as we can play the old games on the new system.

I really like the setup you have in your lounge, thats what I'm looking to do  :blush:  :blush:

:blush: cheers mate .............

Isn't that screen a little small for a projector ? what throw was that ...............

Here is mine @ 4m

DSC01636.jpg

I really like the setup you have in your lounge, thats what I'm looking to do  :blush:  :blush:

:blush: cheers mate .............

Isn't that screen a little small for a projector ? what throw was that ...............

It was only 2 1/2 meters and was a temp setup in the bedroom plus we have beading going around the top so that was the biggest it would go and look any good. Got a nice big wall in the living room tho, so fingers crossed.

Another pic

My friend couldnt get me 1, as they only got 2 for they pre-ordered customers, so i going to Toy R Us tomorrow morning and hope i can get 1, as they are doing first come first serve with the rest of the X-box 360 they got in stock

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links