Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Theshold

Adie

the trouble with threshold is that it is based on a fictional planet called Planet America, which orbits around a Sun called "themselves"

Don`t get me wrong i`m a BIG sci-fi fan, i`ll watch anything from the Tripods (remember that?) to Starscape/Fargate.............i love it all.

But what is really starting to get right on my bazongas is the cursory refernce to the rest of the world. "Lost" has an international cast (granted that it is dificult to find an ugly one...), but anything ET related is all Yanks in charge, rest of the world would go into Chaos and Anarchy if they weren`t!!!!

Only Atlantis tries to reflect that there are other countries outside their borders, and even that struggles at times....

Now you may argue that its their money, their tv program, they are the superpower, they control the airwaves, yadda yadda yadda blah..........

but then consider why most people are getting a tiny bit fed up with them, and why when they try to sell abroad very few of their output lasts long, considering quality to quantity?

It was really, really, really noticeable in that first episode of Threshold how they view the rest of the world! :nuke:

If you ain`t American you must be a terrorist :blink: :D

It's only up to eps 13 though isn't it... I thought it was due to run 20 eps + ?

his drama focuses on a prison designer who gets himself thrown into one of his own prisons to help his falsely accused brother escape death row. Described as in the vein of The Great Escape , the series will unfold over 22 episodes, charting the course of a single break.

Next episode 6th March 2006 :(

I'm getting very saddened by the amount of actors that seem to turn up in different series - it's almost like a club - Atlantis, Excalibur, Voyager, Enterprise, Andromeda, Farscape and SG-1 seem to share the same actors.

Farscape and SG-1 has just got to be a joke

the trouble with threshold is that it is based on a fictional planet called Planet America, which orbits around a Sun called "themselves"

Don`t get me wrong i`m a BIG sci-fi fan, i`ll watch anything from the Tripods (remember that?) to Starscape/Fargate.............i love it all.

But what is really starting to get right on my bazongas is the cursory refernce to the rest of the world. "Lost" has an international cast (granted that it is dificult to find an ugly one...), but anything ET related is all Yanks in charge, rest of the world would go into Chaos and Anarchy if they weren`t!!!!

Only Atlantis tries to reflect that there are other countries outside their borders, and even that struggles at times....

Now you may argue that its their money, their tv program, they are the superpower, they control the airwaves, yadda yadda yadda blah..........

but then consider why most people are getting a tiny bit fed up with them, and why when they try to sell abroad very few of their output lasts long, considering quality to quantity?

It was really, really, really noticeable in that first episode of Threshold how they view the rest of the world! :nuke:

If you ain`t American you must be a terrorist :blink:  :D

It's the same with every country out there, not only America. Not having a go or anything but if you'd watch movies from any other country, they'd give you the same impression (ie: French, Indian, Spanish, etc). Although they vary in genre majority of the Sci-Fi/Spy/etc based movies are mostly based around the country the film originates from.

If you ain`t American you must be a terrorist :blink:  :D

It's the same with every country out there, not only America. Not having a go or anything but if you'd watch movies from any other country, they'd give you the same impression (ie: French, Indian, Spanish, etc). Although they vary in genre majority of the Sci-Fi/Spy/etc based movies are mostly based around the country the film originates from.

Unfortunately that argument only holds true if we were inundated with french/indian/spanish programs, let alone scifi. Exactly how many of any other countries tv do we see in the uk compared to the american imports?

And that alos misses the point of the argument about Mr American being in charge of the whole darn planet, with all other countries being left out because of the insular nature of the US, 'bless 'em.

Even our very own Dr Who had plenty of our cousins in it, even the most recent series!

But hey its not as if we`re their strongest/longest/staunchest allies, 'cos we make great screen villians........... :D

It's only up to eps 13 though isn't it... I thought it was due to run 20 eps + ?

his drama focuses on a prison designer who gets himself thrown into one of his own prisons to help his falsely accused brother escape death row. Described as in the vein of The Great Escape , the series will unfold over 22 episodes, charting the course of a single break.

Next episode 6th March 2006 :(

Can't believe we now have to wait untill March for the next episode of Prison Break :crybaby: Whats the point in doing that? Why not put it on at a different time or day? Its not as if it matters to us anyway :tsktsk:

Just found this post on another forum with regards to Threshold being pulled on the American channel:

I contacted Sky one on everyones behalf and they have replied that they will be showing The whole of season 1 (13 episodes), so just have to wait a few more weeks for UK to catch up  .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links