Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iss 250 Sport

Hi folks !!!

I am a new member although i have been reading the posts here in the forum for quite a while. I dont own a lexus, yet !! I was wanting to buy the IS 250 Sport which i was initially told would be released in April. I was just told the other day by the kind people in the lexus garage that the manual Sport will be released in mid-january, but there is still no date for the auto - which is the one i'm wanting to order. Does anyone else have any further info as to when it may be released coz i would think both manual and auto would be released together??

Also, i was wanting to get the car in Black and after seeing pics of it from Koshime's Diary (excellent post and car !!!) this has only strengthened my desire for that colour, but again the colour is not metallic and i was informed that the colour is more likely to fade and look dull quicker if it is not metallic, is there any truth in this???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi there and welcome to the club.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the IS250 Sport will not have an automation option. I believe it will be available in Jan, at the same time as the diesel. The IS220d Sport will be out in April next year. Does anyone know otherwise?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the IS250 Sport will not have an automation option.  Does anyone know otherwise?

This from Lexus Ireland website..............

IS 220d

€43,790

IS 220d Executive

€48,630

IS 220d Sport €51,420

IS 250 M/T

€44,950

IS 250 Executive M/T

€50,930

IS 250 Sport M/T

€52,810

IS 250 A/T

€47,345

IS 250 Executive A/T

€53,325

IS 250 Sport A/T

€55,205

I also heard that there is no auto option. Expect pricing close to the SE-L (about a £100 in it I heard, though not officially).

Also, the Sport has a different drive aspect ratio, making it more responsive etc and performance orientated, hence they have probably left the auto on the shelf.

The manual gearbox is light and very precise, and the V6 sounds delicious already in the SE/SE-L, so I bet the Sport will be fab.

I suspect fuel consumption (and Co2 if you are a company car driver) will be on the "adverse" side too.

according to the brochures and the lexus garage, there will be an Auto option for the sport?? The lady in the garage said she had vehicle supply etc who confirmed that there will be auto Sport models, although there may not be too many made !!

Because of this, i cant put in an order as they still dont know when it will be released?

Hi,

Dont know about the auto option on the sport IS250, but with regards to the black paint, I have had 4 IS cars, 3 of them black and one of them Kodiak Sky.

All cars were bought brand new and were Superguarded prior to collection, the 2 Black IS200 always looked absolutely superb after they had been washed - even with 40,000 miles on them - although my IS200 in Kodiak Sky (metallic) never seemed to look as good. So I would say order black, save £550 and get it superguarded by the dealer.

The only thing that lets the Lexus range down are the quality of the Alloy Wheels, I cannot remember how many sets I have had replaced but its more than 5. I just hope they have got it right with the IS250.

Hope this helps, by the way add gold badges with the black and everyone admires the car and comments.

The dealer I spoke to told me that the suspension settings for all versions of the new IS are identical. In other words, apart from 18" wheels and and no wood in the dashboard console and surround, the IS 250 Sport is identical to the IS 250 SE-L. Is this right? Does the Sport have more horsepower or a revised engine mapping for a faster throttle response?

I'm thinking of simply adding 18" wheels to my IS 250 SE-L order.

Does anyone have 18" wheels on their new IS and if so, how does the ride compare to the standard 17" wheels?

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

as far as i know, another significant diffence that sport version has got sport suspension, what exactly that means i dont know. possibly the clearence is lower and ride isn't that smooth. also, it hasn't got leather saloon.

Sport has slightly lower ride height to compensate for 18" wheels and slightly stiffer springs. Couldn't feel the difference in Monaco, but then again they have propper roads, rather than the coal mine walls we have to drive on, so who knows?

I suspect it might be a little too firm over here? We shall see...

I reckon, withsome tweaking, most stock IS250 can be modified to sport or better spec, with slight lowering of 30-35mm, maybe an anti roll bar. The current setup of the drive ratios of the SE auto seem quite responsive at the moment, with a decent fuel economy of 26mpg trashing around with paddle shifters, 28 mpg City driving to 35 mpg Motorway.

The current suspension is also just about right for the current B roads and A roads. Going over bumps seems better than the old IS200. In that regard, i did consider the sport verison but after having 6 years of `firm rides' perhaps my perception has changed to one of comfort but still the appreciation of speed and elegance when needed

Hence, i feel the sport might be - lets feel every bump on the road appeal.

With regards to colour - A black or granite black would be nice, have yet to see japanese colours here yet - like cream white/pure white. Red with a lower styling kit woudl lok excellent as well.

protection: you could choose to add some nice polishes. Supraguard is not as effective as that new Nissan resin paint..which allegedly reforms to conceal chips and stone chips! As soon as a nissan repaint dealer comes up. I'm opting for a bonnet respray!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1901520,00.html

someone get me that number!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links