Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Computers

gib

Hello to all,

I have recently just bought a 'top o the range' desktop computer.

I fancied trying out some games on it and bought F.E.A.R., which looked good and was recommended. But I needed a gamepad/joystick thingy, so I got one of them too.

But, it doesnt work. I tried to configure the gamepad using the windows facility and through the game itself, but it doesnt work, meaning you have to use the keyboard to work the game. I dont think so - I thought the days of that were over since the ZX Spectrum.

Have I missed the point somewhere? Dont all games afford the gamepad facility? WHY IS IT NOT WORKING!!!!!

Annoyed...

..... although I still prefer a keyboard and mouse !  :shifty:

i prefer the keyboard and mouse too but on some games joypad is better prince of persia warrior within for instance.

have you configured the joypad in the game settings sometimes you have to press left right etc for it to log in the controls and buttons have a look in the control options i had the problems u seem to have on need for speed underground

sometimes gamepads just wont work with some games

for instance half life 2.

you can use it to look around but not move

maybe the same with fear. I tried this myself when I wanted to put the PC thru my TV and use a wireless pad, just no fun trying to ballance a keyboard and mouse on your lap.

but for fps games you really shouldnt be using anything other than a keyboard and mouse :)

Hello to all,

I have recently just bought a 'top o the range' desktop computer.

I fancied trying out some games on it and bought F.E.A.R., which looked good and was recommended. But I needed a gamepad/joystick thingy, so I got one of them too.

But, it doesnt work. I tried to configure the gamepad using the windows facility and through the game itself, but it doesnt work, meaning you have to use the keyboard to work the game. I dont think so - I thought the days of that were over since the ZX Spectrum.

Have I missed the point somewhere? Dont all games afford the gamepad facility? WHY IS IT NOT WORKING!!!!!

Annoyed...

You sounds suprised its not working..............it Microsoft.............. :whistling::lol:

Maybe check for updates on both Xp and the gamepad manufactures support pages.

mmm, disappointed i have to say

All the technology, but it cant support a gamepad - bizarre

I might try a better game pad - apparently the Microsoft Sidewinder is recommended

The control I bought didnt have any CD drivers

Cant believe I will have to resort to the keyboard to work it - are you sure??? Is it not awkward?

Wish I had kept my PS2

keyboard and mouse is by far the best method

you gain the speed and accuracy of aiming your gun with the mouse and access to all the other buttons for ducking and side stepping with the keyboard. its far too slow using a pad unless the game was designed for it such as the same game on a console which usually has auto aiming to help the problem. give it a try

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links