Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Funny Noise From Traction Control

Damer

Dunno whether it's cos of thw time of year or the fact I'm more lead footed after being in my sisters new M5 but my traction control seems to be kicking in alot more often. Tyres look alright.

Anyway when it does kick in the car makes a funny noise hard to explain but it comes from the back, and sounds like a cat "Meeooow". I know that sounds odd :unsure:

Do you think it is anything to worry about???

Dunno whether it's cos of thw time of year or the fact I'm more lead footed after being in my sisters new M5 but my traction control seems to be kicking in alot more often. Tyres look alright.

Anyway when it does kick in the car makes a funny noise hard to explain but it comes from the back, and sounds like a cat "Meeooow". I know that sounds odd :unsure:

Do you think it is anything to worry about???

I think I may have experienced this occasionally on my car, but only when I'm powering out of a junction, turning sharply. I assumed it was the traction control, but I haven't done any exhaustive tests.

I'd like to know what its too!

IanB :D

It happens when the wheels spin with me. Try doing a controlled 'burn' or wheel spin. Dont know about the 'cat' noise coming from the back though it sounded a quiet buzzing. Must be the traction control stablizing.

Rob,

The motor may be in the front, but we all seem to be hearing the noise from the back of the car. Maybe the sound is travelling down the prop shaft and affecting something like the diff?

Weird! :blink:

:offtopic: This reminds me of trying to find a leak in a house roof. You may know where the water ends up, but finding the entry point can be a real pain, as I'm finding right now! :angry:

IanB

Rob,

The motor may be in the front, but we all seem to be hearing the noise from the back of the car. Maybe the sound is travelling down the prop shaft and affecting something like the diff?

Weird! :blink:

:offtopic: This reminds me of trying to find a leak in a house roof. You may know where the water ends up, but finding the entry point can be a real pain, as I'm finding right now! :angry:

IanB

Sounds does defo seem to come from the back, and does mainly happen when pulling out of junctions, as others have said. Very weird a "meeowing" car.

true, just wondering if we are talking about the same thing - the similar sound i hear is def from the motor.

as for the traction control coming in a bit more often than normal - what temp on average is it when this happens??

true,  just wondering if we are talking about the same thing - the similar sound i hear is def from the motor.

as for the traction control  coming in a bit more often than normal -  what temp on average is it when this happens??

Temp is showing 7 or 8.

Obviously take it easier in icy conditions. I think I'm just being more lead footed.

I often hear a quiet buzzing noise that seems to come from the back when turning out of junctions etc.

It's definitely not the same as the ABS motor/pump that happens when things get really tricky.

I don't remember it on the 200, so maybe it's to do with the VSC side.

The light doesn't always flash when it happens either.

I've been curious about it since I got the 300.

I often hear a quiet buzzing noise that seems to come from the back when turning out of junctions etc.

It's definitely not the same as the ABS motor/pump that happens when things get really tricky.

I don't remember it on the 200, so maybe it's to do with the VSC side.

The light doesn't always flash when it happens either.

I've been curious about it since I got the 300.

My experience is the same as yours.

IanB :D

Can't say I have heard the noise mentioned, the only thing that happens when I take off quickly from a junction is the noise of the brakes going on and off, the trc light flashing and a warning bleep.

I had experienced the traction control activated a few times when turning sharply and one of the wheels hit a circular metal cover on the road. When it happened, there was a soft click/crack sound coming from the bottom of the car, the car then rock a little with the slippery sign on the panel flashed for about 2 seconds.

Has any of you guys had the SNOW button pressed when driving on an icy road ? I think that will minimize the trigger of the traction control. If traction control noise is really a concern then you can just turn it off by pressing the button in front of you. That's why the button is there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links