Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Xbox 360 Surround

Adie

Can someone please help me out with connecting my xbox 360 to my digital amp / receiver so i can get digital 5.1 surround. Just need to know what goes where. :duh:

I've got the premium package so i've got whatever cable comes with that.

Thanks in advance

Adie

can you not use a toslink optical cable?

or, from microsoft -

"If the receiver or amplifier has a digital audio input jack, you can use an optical Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format (S/PDIF) cable instead of the standard red and white analog connectors to receive digital audio. Digital audio input produces higher-quality sound than analog audio input produces.

To connect the Xbox 360 console to a digital audio system, follow these steps:

1. Follow steps 1 through 4 in the "Connect an Xbox 360 console to a high-definition TV" section or in the "Connect an Xbox 360 console to a standard-definition TV" section.

2. Connect an optical S/PDIF cable from the AV connector on the Component HD AV Cable to the digital audio input jack on the receiver or on the TV.

Note The Component HD AV Cable does not include an optical S/PDIF cable. The Component HD AV Cable only includes the optical connection port. Therefore, you may have to purchase an optical S/PDIF cable separately. The S/PDIF connection port is located at the end of the cable on the base of the AV connector that you use to attach to the Xbox 360 console.

3. Turn on the Xbox 360 console. In the System section, you can change the audio and the digital output settings. Select the appropriate digital audio setting for the system."

taken from here

Cheers mate. I've got one of those optical digital cables but it still doesnt seem to be working :duh:

I take it that the optical digital cable is universal :question: As i dont have the Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format (S/PDIF).

Its a JVC optical digital cable

Now sorted. Everything was connected up correctly. I just didn't set my amp to digital or surround as i assumed it did it automatically as my dvd etc is digital and surround. :angry:

Been at it for nearly 5 hours rechecking connections, searching / posting on the internet and reading various manuals. Now feel like a right tit :duh:

Thanks for your help guys :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links