Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trip To Tte And Nurburgring

Zee007

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They refer to it as "Reflective jacket/waistcoat (10)"

" (10) Wearing compulsory if driver and/or passenger(s) exits vehicle immobilised on carriageway – in Italy at night or in poor visibility, in Spain on all motorways and main or busy roads."

So the AA seam to think it applies to Italy... personaly I have one in the car at all times anyway (Jacket, vest and trowsers)... so I dont think it is a bad thing to get one irrespective of if you are in Europe or not :)

Laser detectors are generally hated by police forces worldwide - whether illegal or not. Ya pays ya money and takes ya chance :blink:

:offtopic: Laser detectors are a waste of money......

Anyway... back on topic...

This EHIC thingy can be applied for on line (I nicked this off TOC :) )

https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetPROD/home.do

I've done mine & Josies.... all you need is to know where you live and your NI number (if you dont know what it is, check your pay slip... easiest place to find it :) )

Come on Zee... where's this hotel thread! ! :)

Laser detectors are generally hated by police forces worldwide - whether illegal or not. Ya pays ya money and takes ya chance :blink:

I've done mine & Josies.... all you need is to know where you live and your NI number (if you dont know what it is, check your pay slip... easiest place to find it :) )

:offtopic: The laser detector came with the Origin B2 and has alerted me a few times.

Cheers for the link JJ, all covered. This is the first I have heard about the E111 being no more.

:offtopic: The laser detector came with the Origin B2 and has alerted me a few times.

Cheers for the link JJ, all covered. This is the first I have heard about the E111 being no more.

radar detectors are legal to own but illegal to use in Germany and the Netherlands

radar detectors are illegal to own and use in Belgium and France

:whistling:

radar detectors are legal to own but illegal to use in Germany and the Netherlands

radar detectors are illegal to own and use in Belgium and France

:whistling:

Cheers Bazza, thats all I wanted to know. Might have to leave it at home for this one then.

• 3 weeks later...

Majority of the days/nights are planned...but anyone have any idea's of what to Saturday :question: Or everyone planning to go on the ring again???

me thinkng a trek to Hashterdam :shifty: on Saturday if nothing better crop's up :duh: :question:

Anyone see the Top Gear repeat last night of Sabine racing the Ford Tranny around the Ring? :blink: :winky:

Ya brillant.... but extremely crazy :duh: ...... was hoping that she'd make the 10 min mark

Any Sabine fans?

Sabine in her Taxi

:)

:offtopic: OMG she is mad, scary how many bikes there were, and some think they own the track :tsktsk:

Back on topic, fluorescent jackets, will any colout colour do and does it need to be a jacket or will a vest suffice?

Are helmets required?

No, it's a toll road not a racetrack :winky:

Floro "vest" and any colour will do.

I been out for a lap with Sabine btw :D :D :D

Sweet then......I was almost tempted to go for a Simpson Bandit ££££££

Floro vests for all occupants then?

What breakdown companies have people used? I'm with the AA in UK, but have heard they won't cover the ring, although can't see anything in the T&C's

I'm with the std RAC cover you get with Lexus, anyone know if it covers the Ring / Europe ?

What breakdown companies have people used? I'm with the AA in UK, but have heard they won't cover the ring, although can't see anything in the T&C's

I'm with the std RAC cover you get with Lexus, anyone know if it covers the Ring / Europe ?

AA and RAC specifically DO NOT cover the ring ! (look in european T&C`S )

they do cover the surrounding roads though !

seperate european cover should be taken out, for the duration we are going it is about £33 from either

Just to add to the breakdown cover... if you have the standard Lexus cover it does cover you for Europe (but not the ring AFAIK).

Good job I checked as I have been without cover since I got my car as the paperwork never made it to RAC!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links