Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need Advice Gs 300 Sport Mk2+ Vertex Twin Turbo

HI its been a long time since i used this forum i sold my mk2 gs sport in march 2004 and now i was

ready to buy a ls430 but have since seen 2 lexus gs sports im hoping some one can give me advice.

which of these should i buy?

1.. w reg black vertex twin turbo with under 50k on clock = 9000 pounds

2.. t reg black gs sport uk car under 50k flsh 1 owner= 10000 pounds.

3.. what is 0.60 on vertex?

4.. are parts easy to get for gs vertex twin turbo in uk?

i thank you in advance for your help im going see both cars today.

Hi, where abouts have you seen the Aristo as I'm also umming and ahhing over getting one and that seems a reasonable price?

For info on the Aristo check out www.lexusvertex.com

For info on the GS300 Sport I'd check out www.parkers.co.uk

I'm sure the technical bods will be about soon to bombard you with facts and figures :D

hi monster thanks for quick responce if u go to the exchange and mart website you will see the vertex for sale it is black priced at approx 9.5k. im a bit weary at this moment because ad says it has don 15k miles but when i spoke to the chap selling it he said it has over 40k on clock then 1 minit he says sat nav works then he says hes not sure and could not even confirm whether all the buttons on interior are written in english or japanese im only going to view coz he lives few miles from me. if u go and check out the exchange and mart website let me know what you think thanks.

Hi,

At the end of the day its down to you what model you go for.

Myself id get the Aristo :winky: about the same sort of mpg as the uk GS300 but with so much more power+torque for around the same mpg.The more mods done on the Aristo TT the lower the mpg mind ;)

The one owner GS300 uk car might be the safer bet if its got all its service history,the import your going to have to buy it as you see it,very little history will be with the car...so its wise to know what your looking at...

If i was buying id say id like a new MOT on the car,which ever one i was buying...

:excl: Watch for Upper wishbone wear thats going to cost you £340+labour a side if they need to be replaced :crybaby:

Good Luck chips.

The engine parts that you need for the aristo will be readily available over on the MK4 supra forum as its the same engine. The MPG on the TT is often actually better than the NA engine. Power wise the difference below 40-50 isn't that much in realtime driving as I managed to stay with the TT supes in my NA easily enough. I'm not sure what 0-60 in the aristo is meant to be but the supra TT is 5.1 seconds. Add a bit for a heavier car say .4 or .5 seconds and you won't be far off. If you are considering a little modification then the Aristo is your best bet. 400 BHP is a very achievable output with an exhaust some electronic trickery and an aftermarket intercooler. If you want stupid power and have a bit of cash knocking about the depth of your wallet is your limit. There are cars stateside and in Japan running well over a thousand BHP with off the shelf parts.

As the Aristo is a Japanese car only would this be serviced at Lexus or Toyota? And would this be at a greater cost that a GS300?

Also would the parts be covered as a mix Supra parts and GS300 parts, or are there any that would be specific to the Aristo and would be difficult to source/buy due to the cars origins?

Nice one :D

As the Aristo is a Japanese car only would this be serviced at Lexus or Toyota? And would this be at a greater cost that a GS300?

Also would the parts be covered as a mix Supra parts and GS300 parts, or are there any that would be specific to the Aristo and would be difficult to source/buy due to the cars origins?

Nice one :D

Monster, re servicing personally i wouldn't take it (the vertex) to either Toyota or Lexus. I'd seek out a independent (possibly via the Mkivsupra.net forum) that sees these cars daily/weekly and charges say £40/hr as opposed to the main dealer who (in the case of the Jap vertex) is unlikely to have seen one this year and charges £60+.

However my experience of toyota parts departments in generally very positive re imports. I have had import non turbo and turbo supras and now have a mk1 aristo lexus and they can always get the parts (within 2-3days) i need as long as you have the chassis / model information (from the chassis plate)

The aristo is essentially the same as a Mkiv supra, however the part numbers for it will in my experience be unique. eg i recently brought a airfilter for my aristo and it was a different part no. to any of the supra ones i've had in the past despite looking identically.

BTW get the aristo IMO!

HI guys thanks for all the advice i dont think im going for a gs tt i just want a uk car

i been to see both gs. the guy with the t reg uk gs300 sport wants 9.5k i offered 8k he refused. is 9.5k too much to pay for a t reg sport 43k on clock flsh good condition 2 owners my mate told me the true price should be 7000 pounds what do u guys think? thanks

HI guys thanks for all the advice i dont think im going for a gs tt i just want a uk car

i been to see both gs. the guy with the t reg uk gs300 sport wants 9.5k i offered 8k he refused. is 9.5k too much to pay for a t reg sport 43k on clock flsh good condition 2 owners my mate told me the true price should be 7000 pounds what do u guys think? thanks

Parkers reckons £8,745 for the same model with 60k. Hence, the chap asking for 9.5k is not asking above market value. How your mate reckons the car is worth 7k, I don't know..I originally thought the cars were overpriced, but I have changed my mind..

Looking at Autotrader, here are some prices for GS300 Sports..

2003 53 , 18k, £19,995 (dealer)

2003 53, 33k, £18,850 (dealer)

2003 53, 39k, £18,850 (dealer)

1999 T , unknown mileage, £10,450 (private)

1999 T, 49k, £10,000 (private)

1999 T, 43k, £9,999 (private)

1999 T, 87k, £7,999 (dealer)

Bearing in mind each car may not be in mint condition, it doesn't appear that GS300 Sports with lowish mileage would come close to 7 grand?? They are rare cars, particularly with certain colour/trim combinations.

Anyways, a T reg Sport has just been put on eBay starting bid 100 quid, 162k so price will be cheaper than the 9.5k car most definitely...

HI AGAIN MONSTER i didnt test drive the tt the guy took me for a spin in it and he floored it a few times

it did seem fast but not as fast as i expected ( maybe turbos were blown ) i did not rate the tt highly and will not buy one. hi maneesh i checked out parkers price guide and it came back as independant dealer 9140

private good 8665. i know these gs sports are rare beautiful cars, i am a big fan and beleave that the black mk2 sport is the best gs produced so far, but beleave me when i tell you there is not much interest in them the gentleman selling the t reg 43k sport told me its been on sale many months and im the 2nd viewer he said no one else has called. when i was selling my black gs sport 42.5k in early 2004 i went by parkers guide placed tha car for sale at 17k then reduced it to 16 then to 15 in the end i had to let it go for peanuts to a dealer i never got any calls. if u look at 7 series bmw or s or e class mercedes of the same year and similar mialeage ive seen them on sale at between 5 to 6.5k i think the gs is overpriced at 9.5k or if it wasnt it would have sold long ago

HI AGAIN MONSTER i didnt test drive the tt the guy took me for a spin in it and he floored it a few times

it did seem fast but not as fast as i expected ( maybe turbos were blown ) i did not rate the tt highly and will not buy one. hi maneesh i checked out parkers price guide and it came back as independant dealer 9140

private good 8665. i know these gs sports are rare beautiful cars, i am a big fan and beleave that the black mk2 sport is the best gs produced so far, but beleave me when i tell you there is not much interest in them the gentleman selling the t reg 43k sport told me its been on sale many months and im the 2nd viewer he said no one else has called. when i was selling my black gs sport 42.5k in early 2004 i went by parkers guide placed tha car for sale at 17k then reduced it to 16 then to 15 in the end i had to let it go for peanuts to a dealer i never got any calls. if u look at 7 series bmw or s or e class mercedes of the same year and similar mialeage ive seen them on sale at between 5 to 6.5k i think the gs is overpriced at 9.5k or if it wasnt it would have sold long ago

If you can get me a T reg S class Merc or 7 series with just 43k miles for 5 grand, I'd buy it off ya instantly!

There is a S500 P reg with 112k up to 5,200 on eBay so far. There is a 2000 model black gs300 sport on eBay with 78k that's up to 6,000 with 4 days left. I think there is a smaller pool of buyers for bigger cars, ever since petrol prices shot up and stayed pretty high. I can't think of any other reasons why a mint GS would stay unsold for so long..

i suppose ur right on the mileage and petrol side of things. i had another thought the timing belt change on gs 300 is 63k as far as im aware, even though the t reg has only done 43k miles is it not due and expensive belt change as its already 7 years old?

i suppose ur right on the mileage and petrol side of things. i had another thought the timing belt change on gs 300 is 63k as far as im aware, even though the t reg has only done 43k miles is it not due and expensive belt change as its already 7 years old?

Yeah, it would probably be due at 6 years or 60,000, whichever comes first? I'm assuming here...

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY? i rung the guy up with the t reg 43k gs sport to arrange another viewing

with the intention of pushing up my offer and he said it sold for 9500 i feel a complete idiot.

it definately sold i even got the mrs to call him and he told her the same thing. i am gutted.

I SHALL NOT REPEAT THIS MISTAKE i will close the deal there and then next time :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links