Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Ipod Connection

I saw some posts on this a few weeks ago but I was not sure whether this was resolved so apologies if you already know this.

The problem was that none of the standard power connections would allow the centre console to close. Here is a solution. Halfords sell a 'Y' connector (turns one socket into two) that has a low profile connection to the power outlet allowing the console to close. This then gives you 2 power outlets inside the console. I have used one for my phone charger and the other for the Belkin iPOD connector (shown in another post). It all works a treat and no clutter :)

I saw some posts on this a few weeks ago but I was not sure whether this was resolved so apologies if you already know this.

The problem was that none of the standard power connections would allow the centre console to close. Here is a solution. Halfords sell a 'Y' connector (turns one socket into two) that has a low profile connection to the power outlet allowing the console to close. This then gives you 2 power outlets inside the console. I have used one for my phone charger and the other for the Belkin iPOD connector (shown in another post). It all works a treat and no clutter :)

Hey newbie, how much did this connector cost? I'd be interested as I have the Belkin power connector but as you say can't use it as the centre console will not close.

Hey newbie, how much did this connector cost? I'd be interested as I have the Belkin power connector but as you say can't use it as the centre console will not close.

Its pretty cheap (under £20) but I bought it some time ago for my old car so not sure of the exact price. They also do a box that turns a single power outlet into 3 outlets. However, with this one, although the console will close, the box does not fit in there tidely. Y connector works fine though.

I have a Sonny Ericsson charger and at first I had the same problem. The plug was too high for the console lid to close. Failing to find an alternative I decided to try it again.

Whoa and behold and yipee :lol: This time I pushed the plug in as far as I could and I could close the lid :D :D I think I was a little scared first time I was being extra careful considering the car was brand new.

oldun

I found my Kensington PC power adator works quite well and allows the console to close (see pic). Would really like to operate it through the touchscreen though...

• 2 months later...

David,

I seriously doubt it would fit in the arm rest. Even inserted and "folded", the width looks too great. It does seem GVFM tho'.

I have a Nokia Charging lead which won't fit. There's about an inch tops above the inlet, so you need something really discreet.

I'm actually thinking of making an extension...I have an old Cig Lighter (female) and an old 12V B/W TV cord (Male end with cord)...need to "marry" the male and female ends...

WTS

Do you reckon any of these would fit, and allow closure of centre console?

Splitters

Others might care to comment...

But I don't think so....

I have the Pama Cigaretter lighter extension that's actually shown on there, but there is absolutely no way of closing the armrest with that in there...

The actual "male" end and sufficient cable flex attachment can be no longer than 8cm max..that's the rule of thumb to follow. Anything bigger and you could be struggling. It's where the Halfords one looks much better.

See picture:

The black one is my Nokia charger - won't fit. It is approx 2cm too big :blush:

The grey one is the 12v Mail supply and works a treat, which I am going to "butcher" over the next few weeks to extend it to a new Female ciggy lighter (supplimentary fused of course) - which is somewhere in the Black Hole - AKA my garage. Need to send in a search party to get it...it'll only give me one useable socket in there but then that's all I want...

PS Picture updated to show the Pama Extension too....

dsc027338nz.jpg

Do you reckon any of these would fit, and allow closure of centre console?

Splitters

Others might care to comment...

But I don't think so....

I have the Pama Cigaretter lighter extension that's actually shown on there, but there is absolutely no way of closing the armrest with that in there...

The actual "male" end and sufficient cable flex attachment can be no longer than 8cm max..that's the rule of thumb to follow. Anything bigger and you could be struggling. It's where the Halfords one looks much better.

See picture:

The black one is my Nokia charger - won't fit. It is approx 2cm too big :blush:

The grey one is the 12v Mail supply and works a treat, which I am going to "butcher" over the next few weeks to extend it to a new Female ciggy lighter (supplimentary fused of course) - which is somewhere in the Black Hole - AKA my garage. Need to send in a search party to get it...it'll only give me one useable socket in there but then that's all I want...

PS Picture updated to show the Pama Extension too....

dsc027338nz.jpg

Cheers Jamboo, so the grey one fits OK yes?

Are the Halfords ones still available then, if they fit? Why don't you get one of them, instead of making your own?

Cheers,

I have a Sonny Ericsson charger and at first I had the same problem. The plug was too high for the console lid to close. Failing to find an alternative I decided to try it again.

Whoa and behold and yipee :lol: This time I pushed the plug in as far as I could and I could close the lid :D :D I think I was a little scared first time I was being extra careful considering the car was brand new.

oldun

I did exactly the smae thing - split the charger in two but it still works and the armrest shuts properly.

It's like Vacuum clraners being called Hoovers...Apple have set the trend for MP3 Players, some may call it a "Stereo type" :P

Went to Halfords and picked this up for £8.99. They had 'em falling out of the aisles today!! They had a Halfords own brand 4 way one for a squid less, but I thort it was too wide!!

dsc027580cj.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Hi,

can somebody tell me a link to ebay, where i can buy a running adapter?

Thanxs a lot!

Not sure what you mean, but apple do this for the iPod Nano

iPod + Nike

My understanding is that you don't have to buy the Nike shoes but can get a pouch of eBay which allows the sensor to be attached to your shoe laces.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links