Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cadoxton Slate

nicnac

No picture obviously (Sorry :blush: ) but the best description is metallic graphite/dark grey (lots of cleaning, so OK if you're one for constant fettling :winky: . My dealer had some oval metal dinner plates (!) which were painted in the actual colours...

I'm not sre how it would look in a photo (light quality, flash, camera all will play a part).

Makes you say "Wooow" when you see ity in the showroom (Leicester had one a fortnight ago, looked immaculate).

What did you think of the 220d and the diesel engine?

@Jamboo,

I thought the Deisel was absolutely brillient!!!.

I was actually amazed that I liked it because I have a fobia of deisels .Its just a persoal thing to do with the way you have loads of torque and then you hit a point and .......none.

Dare I say it .It felt BETTER than the manual IS 250.

i will still go for the 250 cause i want an auto with the fancy paddles.This will be my first auto !!!

@partiban

thanks for link

PS the gearboxes felt fine in both....I dont know what the motoring press are complaining about!!!!!!!

Dare I say it .It felt BETTER than the manual IS 250.

i will still go for the 250 cause i want an auto with the fancy paddles.This will be my first auto !!!

Doesn't it just...feels and sounds sportier, is more engaging...but there's no Auto :msn-cry:

I really really wish I could have an auto....in the diesel...it would have been my first too...

The Cadoxton is very deep, and looks fantastic...but I dread how it'll wear the muck from the roads.

Good luck!

Yes road muck is sure to be a problem, just like my Granite Sky Sportcross :yack:

I used to have a gold coloured Beemer, and that was really good at not showing the muck. It always looked smart, despite our rural roads. maybe the goldy coloured 250 would be the best one then....?

IanB

Yes road muck is sure to be a problem, just like my Granite Sky Sportcross :yack:

I used to have a gold coloured Beemer, and that was really good at not showing the muck. It always looked smart, despite our rural roads. maybe the goldy coloured 250 would be the best one then....?

IanB

One of the guys from downunder posted some pics of his Gold one - it looked gorgeous! Seriously, but I think us brits have fallen out of love of gold cars, and fallen in love with Black, Blue and Silver!

DARE I SAY THIS - Even the St Lucia Pearl (which is white...albeit metallic/pearlescent) looks good...in fact all of the lighter shades look great!

It's actually a tough choice....

IanB

I bet there's a fully loaded gold 250 MM SEL sat in a dealership somewhere feeling totally unwanted and I reckon you could get a nice hefty discount on it.

And some gold badges, gold wheels (scoobie wheels maybe), some gold tints ... ;)

Yeh. The gold one looks really good on the pics here, but I've yet to see it in the flesh. Haven't even seen a new IS yet, but then I haven't been near the dealer for a couple of months.

I should stay away really...............:rolleyes:

IanB :D

Has anyone got pictures of Cadoxton Slate colour as I had a test drive in both 220 ans250 yesterday and am trying to decide on what external colour.This is my present choice.

Hi, I have had my Lexus now for 1 week, in Cadoxton Slate, perfect colour looks a dream. Thou as some posts have said, does show up the road muck, specially at the moment, with the raods being salted, but well worth it if you are a cleaning on a regular basis....any way what is the best colour not to show up road dirt..???

My opinion go for it you will not be dissappointed....

Bigplanet

Has anyone got pictures of Cadoxton Slate colour as I had a test drive in both 220 ans250 yesterday and am trying to decide on what external colour.This is my present choice.

Hi, I have had my Lexus now for 1 week, in Cadoxton Slate, perfect colour looks a dream. Thou as some posts have said, does show up the road muck, specially at the moment, with the raods being salted, but well worth it if you are a cleaning on a regular basis....any way what is the best colour not to show up road dirt..???

My opinion go for it you will not be dissappointed....

Bigplanet

I would say Messa Red would be the best option for keeping clean - had a previous Lex in Aztec Fire which looked fantastic and was easy to clean - the Messa is very simiar to the Aztec Red so that is what I'ved ordered (Sport, March 1)

Wow that was quick.

Im just in the process of selling my house and wont have all the cash for 3..4 weeks.

it would be nice to have it waiting for me!!!!!!

Are you happy with the colour scheme or do you wish you had gone for somthing else?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links