Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got My Aristo Finally! A Few Questions Please...

Leeky

Hey peeps! Finally picked up my Aristo V300 on Saturday and it was everything i wanted it to be and more :D

A few pics -

aristo1.JPG

aristo2.JPG

aristo3.JPG

aristo4.JPG

aristo5.JPG

Stock Subwoofer

aristo6.JPG

Momo Wheel

aristo7.JPG

Drove it back from Swansea on Saturday, only used about £30 in Petrol which means its more economical than my ST205 :lol:

Anyway two quick questions if i may to those who will know.

1. Is the turbo system on the aristo sequential like the supra or parallel like a soarer? as i cant seem to tell 100% by driving it.

2. When i first get in and press the brake i get this small motorized sound that turns off and i can feel it through the pedal. I also get it again when i get to where im going and park up. Is this some kind of brake sensitivity adjusting thing?

Cheers

:)

Cheers peeps, thanks for the info on the interior but i specificly wanted one without leather as i preffer velour.

And yes the Fluffy Dice was a joke but i for some reason seem to like it now :lol:

Does anyone know what alloys i have? I thought they were the IS200 wheels but they are actually different.

The tyres on them are 235 all round, so im going to need to do something about them as this car is coming with me to the Nurburgring in April and 235's on a car like this just wont work.

Does anyone know how wide i can go on tyres without rolling the arches or rubbing?

I'll hazard a guess that biggest/best i can fit onto the car is about 255 at the front and 285 at the rear?

If anyone has any alloys or tyres for sale that would be near to this width could you drop me a pm :winky:

nice motor,any mods planned ? :)

Yep, first thing is i need to get wider tyres onto the car. I doubt the wheels on there will be wide enough for the tyre size i want so im expecting a new set of wheels will be needed too. Probably 9j for the front and 10-11j for the back.

Blitz Panel Filter, Blitz Iridum Sparks and Blitz Oil Filter when i come to the service.

Gonna ditch one of the cats (so i have at least one to get me through MOT's) and fit a Blitz/Apexi Boost Controller to push her up to around 1.1bar.

Walbro Fuel Pump and bigger injectors. Also an Apexi SAFC to control fuelling.

Should be easy 400-450bhp at the fly.

I'm curious. Are these cars laggy? The turbos I have driven all felt gutless off-boost (and were only 1.8 or 2.0 litres anyway). Maybe twin turbos suffer less lag.

The 2jzgte sequential turbo system means you have boost from as little as 1500rpm. Also because its still a 3ltr 24v 6 cylinder you still have plenty of torque even off boost.

nice motor,any mods planned ? :)

Yep, first thing is i need to get wider tyres onto the car. I doubt the wheels on there will be wide enough for the tyre size i want so im expecting a new set of wheels will be needed too. Probably 9j for the front and 10-11j for the back.

Blitz Panel Filter, Blitz Iridum Sparks and Blitz Oil Filter when i come to the service.

I'm curious. Are these cars laggy? The turbos I have driven all felt gutless off-boost (and were only 1.8 or 2.0 litres anyway). Maybe twin turbos suffer less lag.

The 2jzgte sequential turbo system means you have boost from as little as 1500rpm. Also because its still a 3ltr 24v 6 cylinder you still have plenty of torque even off boost.

Cool. Will the Blitz stuff benefit a UK spec GS300 like mine?

Cool. Will the Blitz stuff benefit a UK spec GS300 like mine?

Well if you are having a service soon then you may as well use the best items you can for your pride and joy.

The Blitz/HKS/TRD/Apexi Panel filters will allow air to flow at a much higher rate than the stock paper filters from Toyota.

The Blitz/TRD Oil Filters usually have a much bigger magnet than the stock Toyota ones which trap a lot more rubbish in them.

Like i said mine needs a service soon. Its getting blitz oil and air filter as well as blitz sparks and im going for Castrol Edge/RS Fully Synthetic Oil.

At least if you have good quality performance service parts you know your motor will be running at its best :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links