Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Forum....

harlowrog

I am confused, I read a thread yesterday, made a contribution as did many others and today that thread has been closed. I have read it again and as far as I can tell there is no swearing, racism or anything else likely to offend anyone. There are 3 pages of posts, some agreeing with the original post and some not, none of the replies personally abuse other posters, some are funny and some are serious but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Why then does the final post (By a Mod) say

"Useless un-constructive replies to a topic is a breach of Terms & Conditions.

This thread is going no where."

I bet every thread has at least some posts that are "useless & un-constructive" but is that very phrase not un-constuctive & useless to the people that posted them? Kettle and pot spring to mind!

As for this thread is going nowhere, well come on, who decides that?

If that is the standard set for closing threads then lets start with the 600 odd pages of the 'word association game'...where's that thread going?

Finally can no one see the irony of closing a thread entitled

"Censorship On This Forum, so what am I allowed to say and not say?"

Anyone wondering what the hell I'm going on about can view the thread HERE

so what does starting another topic acheive?

now look at this post....i made in that topic!

LINK

What do you mean "what does it acheive"?

I have posted this in the "Lexus club lounge" a place for discussing things "Not Lexus or even car related"

I want someone to tell me what the criteria is for closing threads and why a moderator can post a curt, bordering on rude reply and then stop anyone else from posting.

If the moderators feel a thread should be closed then just close it, don't post your own little dig at the previous 51 posters and then close it.

Should we not start any new threads on here at all then?

Edited by Monster-Mat

you didnt read my link then.

thing is basically this, people can comtinue making as many why was this closed topics as they want, i have explained basically why the original topic was closed.

im not getting into a debate anymore.

i and other spend our free time making sure you and many thousands of other sactually have a forum to post on.

if people dont like the terms and condiotions as i have stated before,that have been in place since the formation of this club......... go elsewhere

Edited by Monster-Mat

Yes I did, you added your link after you originally posted a reply and our posts crossed so to speak, you link doesn't answer the question about rude mods though does it?

i cant do anything about that unless a complaint is made

theres no need to make another post though is there

Yes I did, you added your link after you originally posted a reply and our posts crossed so to speak, you link doesn't answer the question about rude mods though does it?

i cant do anything about that unless a complaint is made

theres no need to make another post though is there

Ok, fair enough, I have no wish to complain about anybody, I just wanted to make the point which I have done, thank you for your input.

For your information, considering you mentioned it.

I'm not having my dig, and being rude then closing the topic.

When we closed threads and don't give a reason, members want to know WHY.

You tell them WHY, and they still don't like it ..............

What do you want me to do ? :yawn:

As u are a relatively pup (to me) as a member of LOC mr scarface, I have wondered recently why u have an avatar (if its called that) saying ''want a ban contact scarface'' what does this mean?

do u expect someone who does not enjoy the info etc. on the club to contact u to get banned? or are you enjoying your first taste of power as a moderater? :) :) :) :)

Jasper,

The "Do you want a Ban" in my signature is a bit of humour ..... it's a joke.

What do you mean by new power?

I have been moderating on here for 18 months, so what's your point?

I don't see any new powers ..... do you?

right then, im gona now add my thoughts based on 3 years of membership here and seeing the ups and downs (org)....

after a bit of a downward slant over 'censership' a section in Gold was provided that is unmoderated so that we all can go rant, swear, be rude, whatever.....all good.

As i understand it, posted free speech in the Lounge section must not be racist, sexest, religionist nor swearest afterall it is in the public area for all to see....fair enough.

If a topic is off the above nature then its gone....fair enough.

But what i think is the real issue here is the closing of threads that others say are going no-where or useless simpy because its of there opinion so.

Now im not digging at you personally ahmet although your recent post closing seems to have ruffled this debate.... others have done the same previous so dont be offenened by my comments.

So the old saying goes, if anyone thinks a post is useless or going no-where then dont reply to it, im sure if everyone was of the same opinion then the thread will simply vanish intothe archives...simple..

Yes its a car club, yes its mostly all about cars, but what a boring place it nearly is without 'normal' conversation...

love you all......word to ya mutha.....

However does this mean that we are nto to have any posts in the public site

Theres a distinct lack of humour on this site lately...... :D

My 'Pussy' has never been to high! :blink: ...... in truth i don't understand it!.... if you go out in public and 'Dribble' expect someone to ask you to wipe your chin....

My line of work pulls me through many forums, unguided, argue for the sake of argument posts that are not controlled by the moderators result in me 'clicking out' and deleting the link..... life's to short.... in those cases the moderators have failed.

A constant conversation i have with members i serve here is the 'friendly atmosphere' LOC has....... why is that!.... Good Policing.

When a 'newbie' enters the club a friendly guiding baton is passed though our collaboration of skills, often with the moderators setting early examples and encouraging the 'newbie' 'tiss funny how nobody complains about that!'

Anyone still 'Dribbling' please wipe........

NOW :D

Theres a distinct lack of humour on this site lately...... :D

was trying to make light of the current situ

I remeber the day when.............................................:)

Wasn't referring to you Jasper old boy, we've had some good discussions! :D :whistling:

'Twas just a general observation of the site :)

I think the basic thing with forums all over is that any sort of majorly controversial/racist/political thread will ALWAYS get locked/deleted. Any subsequent threads about why it was locked/deleted also always get locked/deleted. Threads discussing the freedom of speech on forums then also get deleted. Its how it works on any forum. I know, I moderate on a forum myself - its just how it works. We are luckier here since we do actually have a place we can go and talk about watever we want.

Basically, you have to use some discretion. Its just how forums everywhere (99% of the time anyway) work.

Guess you have to be careful what you say around here, air anything considered too riskque and you may get a ban. In my opinion SF has been on the rag recently. Positions of power (little power at that) seem to be appealing to people who at one stage were either singled out or bullied in their developmental stages perhaps this is their way of venting inner torment and built up frustrations. Maybe without getting too personal, they feel inadequate in other areas so they feel they need to exuberate their male prowess these boards being an extension (like the car). Who knows..just hope their behaviour displayed on this board isnt a reflection on their behaviour in the real world..

I totally disagree. In the three months I have been a member, this is the first time I have seen threads closed. I think the moderators do a good job. I would hate to read through every message like they have to. Without moderators LOC UK would get like the US forums, full of boy racers showing off on public roads.

Anyway, the dealer just phoned to ask me to pick up my new IS250 Sport Luxury at 4.00pm tomorrow. So all is great with the world :lol:

Pip,

I would prefer you not made comments about my personal life.

If you would like to make comments about me off this board, feel free to PM me, and we can discuss your personal issues with me outside this club. I was for sure not bullied growing up, and had a great up growing.

Keep your comments to YOUR SELF.

Thanks ;)

On the whole this threads' gettin' kinda out of hand, and a joke sometimes goes too far.

I've only seen one topic closed on the IS forum when someone was commenting on their tail slides around roundabouts, which in my view "could" encourage bad driving...so possibly fair enough...

In my view, this is one of the best forums around! The guys in charge do let you get on with it...on the whole!

Let's bury the hatchett and start again, hey? What d'ya say lads?

(OMG - That last sentence makes me sound sound like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit!)

On the whole this threads' gettin' kinda out of hand, and a joke sometimes goes too far.

I've only seen one topic closed on the IS forum when someone was commenting on their tail slides around roundabouts, which in my view "could" encourage bad driving...so possibly fair enough...

In my view, this is one of the best forums around! The guys in charge do let you get on with it...on the whole!

Let's bury the hatchett and start again, hey? What d'ya say lads?

(OMG - That last sentence makes me sound sound like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit!)

Here, Here !! I ain't got a computer at home, so I only get a chance to catch up on this club's posts on a Monday, and was completely thrown back this morning to find this bickering is STILL going on. I've been a member on this site for the past year and a bit, and this is the first experience I've ever had off people getting crabby about what you CAN and what you CAN'T post.

If you don't like the rules and regs then get off the site and find somewhere else to post your negative views !! For f--ks sake GROW UP !! :angry:

Time to share my own experiences:

- About 4 or 5 weeks ago my warn bar lights up to 10%

- Did I receive a PM or email either telling me the nature of the reason and suggesting that I decist, otherwise a "warn" would be issued?

No

- How long did the warn last for?

Well, it's still there last time I looked

- What was it for?

A fairly minor contravention of the T&C for avoiding the profanity filter

And to read comments in this thread along the lines of "if you don't like it go somewhere else" is pretty immature.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links