Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Additional Headset? Tracker?

Hi

My business partner and I have just ordered new RX400h's. They arrived at the dealers a few days ago and I have seen them in the compound!

I have decided, after reading through this forum, not to bother with Supaguard, but will take GAP.

Couple of questions though...

Additional Headset - I have 3 kids. The car comes with 2 headsets for the ICE, and the dealer says he doesnt know if a third will work. So he's going to borrow a set from my partners car and try it. If it does, I will have to order an extra set. If it doesnt, anyone got a fix?

Tracker - Not a requirement from my insurance company, but I am nearly sure I will go for it. Should I go for Lexus to fit, or go aftermarket?

Thanks for any advice

Bladgb

As for the headsets, yes multiple headsets will work with no problem... though you have to be careful not to block the infrared beams between the headset and the rear door pillars where the IRLEDs are located.

L.

As for the headsets, yes multiple headsets will work with no problem... though you have to be careful not to block the infrared beams between the headset and the rear door pillars where the IRLEDs are located.

L.

Thanks very much for all comments, once we've got our RXs we know where to come!

Bladgb

tracker echo is good as well, its what jeremy clarkson(top gear) has on his gt40. you have to keep a radio credit card in your wallet, so even if someone takes your car with the keys tracker still know.(without you having to report it stolen) they then call you/text message you.

tracker echo is good as well, its what jeremy clarkson(top gear) has on his gt40. you have to keep a radio credit card in your wallet, so even if someone takes your car with the keys tracker still know.(without you having to report it stolen) they then call you/text message you.

No it isn't. He has CobraTrak from Cobra on his GT. How do I know? Easy...I've got one of the other 28 ;) .

Brilliant system - they take less than a minute to call and text you if there's an anomaly detected. I went for Tracker Monitor on my RX400h

These tracker systems are not transferable so ask yourself how long you intend to keep the Rx cos you will end up spending anoth 600 pounds or so soon...i am in the same dilema...i want a 400h now and I have to many add ons to my 300 SEL.

These tracker systems are not transferable so ask yourself how long you intend to keep the Rx cos you will end up spending anoth 600 pounds or so soon

In my case, it the tracker installation was a condition of the insurance because of the value of the vehicle... Can't really argue with that given my annual premiums are so low anyway.

L.

I don't think its a problem to have the tracker fitted anywhere, but as someone said earlier, there often isn't that much of a difference in cost so might be worth the extra piece of mind that its Lexus taking your brand new car apart to fit it.......

No it isn't. He has CobraTrak from Cobra on his GT. How do I know? Easy...I've got one of the other 28 ;) .

This is waaay :offtopic: but you own a Ford GT? You definitely need to post up some pics of that, must be awesome! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links