Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction Kit

P38Aaron

yeah .. i know ... i was just wondering about any "feel-able" differences .... many ppl say they "feel" differences (in varying amounts) after putting on exhausts and other things ....

just wondering how induction measures up ....

the only upgrade which I find can create a "feelable" difference .... is FD gear upgrade.

I felt a difference with my prolex induction, but i think thats mostly to do with the cars ear to foot interface, and the huge grin due to the loverly sounds from both the kazzama and the induction, i have found a new need for multi story carparks. ;) i cant wait to get back home to take her for a blast, a landrover in the bondue just dont have the same feel/sound.

I would reccomend mr prolexes induction, you may need to make up a bracket to supprt the end but i may just be fussy.

:offtopic: dave i have made up that plenum chamber around the filter,(after convo at boxhill) i just need to paint it and fit it will get get some photos to you when i get back to blighty (plus that photo offer is still open)

I've built a custom air scoop for mine. It takes air from the vent next to the off-side foglight to a 6cm hole drilled thru the engine bay beneath where the filter will be. I'm hoping the induction kit will make more of a difference that way. I'm using a rectangular flexible air con hose I found in Wickes. Did it while I had the bumper off to fix the crashbar, headlight etc.

Javadude - If I understand where you've put this correctly, is it not in danger of sucking up a slug of water if you splash through a big puddle?

If memory serves, one of the Renaults a few years back had a low down air scoop and blown engines (water will not compress!) were pretty frequent!

Dave is right. Unless of course the scoop is way down at the bottom ie. K&N57i induction kits where it would need a forcable vacum to get it that high and into the air filter.

:o :unsure: Hmmm. With the intake in the bumper its going to be forward of the wheels so hopefully there won't be much water splashing up there. If I go through a flood then that would be a different matter. The tube curves round through 90' to come out of a hole in the engine bay under the filter so hopefully what rain etc does get up the tube won't make it as far as the filter itself. Presumably rain does enter the standard air scoop too? Another member did something similar, replacing the foglight itself with the intake which is where I got the idea.

Btw mines a manual so I don't have to worry about the air not getting to those vents in the wheel arch for cooling the brakes - I don't have them.

Hmmm think I'll be avoiding big puddles :blink:

Think you'll probably be ok with the obvious length of the induction tube, I just thought I'd offer my 2p's worth - are there any fords (water type not mondeo type - we go through them all the time - tee hee) round your way that you go through? If so - do be careful!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links