Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Interior Rattles

Well lads.

I know that this rattle issue has been flogged to death. However as a new 250 owner, it really p!sses me off, especially when the car in question is supposed to be a luxury brand costing 50k+ (Euro that is).

Any how. Those of you out there that have had problems with interior rattles and have had them solved, could you post the causes of the rattles and the remedies for them?

Also could you post the name of the person/dealer who solved the problem so that any enquires can be gotten straight from the "horses mouth"

The reason I ask this, is that I do not trust car dealers as far as I would throw them!!

They're great people for telling you "that theres no problem" and "oh yes it can be sorted", "don't worry" when in fact they haven't a fuking clue!

At least if I can tell them where the problem is or might be, then they won't have to waste to much time arseing about and feeding you bullsh!t.

I'm sure some of you will agree with this.

Thanks lads.

Frustrated Matty

Well lads.

I know that this rattle issue has been flogged to death. However as a new 250 owner, it really p!sses me off, especially when the car in question is supposed to be a luxury brand costing 50k+ (Euro that is).

Any how. Those of you out there that have had problems with interior rattles and have had them solved, could you post the causes of the rattles and the remedies for them?

Also could you post the name of the person/dealer who solved the problem so that any enquires can be gotten straight from the "horses mouth"

The reason I ask this, is that I do not trust car dealers as far as I would throw them!!

They're great people for telling you "that theres no problem" and "oh yes it can be sorted", "don't worry" when in fact they haven't a fuking clue!

At least if I can tell them where the problem is or might be, then they won't have to waste to much time arseing about and feeding you bullsh!t.

I'm sure some of you will agree with this.

Thanks lads.

Frustrated Matty

Matty

I think you probably saw this in your other post, but just in case you didn't:

Regarding the rattles: If it is the front dash rattle, then James at Lexus Woodford knows exactly what it is (they have already done the full investigation). My car has it and I will be booking it in this month. James is a top guy and says that the can definitely cure it (under warranty oif course).

Regarding the rattles: If it is the front dash rattle, then James at Lexus Woodford knows exactly what it is (they have already done the full investigation). My car has it and I will be booking it in this month. James is a top guy and says that the can definitely cure it (under warranty oif course).

I have a front dash rattle and would like to know what the cause is. Is it possible to post here please rather than all of us ringing James.

I've investigated my rattle and suspect that it's coming from the driver's side lower dash, just above the pedals. If you stick your hand behind the lower dash there is a ventilation pipe for the driver's footwell, near the footwell LED. Well, mine definitely isn't secure any more and moves around quite happily like a ferret in a sack, banging against various bits of plastic. The actual lower dash itself is secure with two screws and two retaining clips, but the pipe which is housed inside the lower dash isn't.

I don't really want to start to dismantle the dash myself but would be interested to know if other people have this rattle and if their drivers footwell dash parts are secure or are also floating around in the wind.

Hi Guys

Rattles again! I had rattles several times but it was all different. Finally Lexus replaced the copassenger seat under warranty (£5000, costly error), so please ensure that its not the seats that is causing the problem)

However, I had rattles from the dashboard(I am not sure what they did), but if time permits please ring Andy at Tunbridge Wells Lexus on 01892 700500

Javeed

Hi Matty.

Yes, I have seen your reports and I think I listen intensly everytime I get in my car.

I had a noise in the Drivers side pillar. I was more of a rubbing/vibration noise then a rattle. Had it in the dealership last Friday and they actually found 2 noises and fixed them both.

Wasn't told what it was.

Also have a squeeky drivers seat, which I asked them to fix. They did, sort of, but a couple of days later, more squeeks and in different sports.

I am in Brisbane (Aust), so I don't think my dealer could help you. Just giving the forum an update. :huh:

Hi guys

My IS250 is booked in to have the dashboard rattles fixed. From what I've been told, the locating pins for the dash are too small - albeit it very slightly. This would explain why, for me anyway, the rattles are far worse when the car is cold.

When the interior heats up there's obviously some expansion and the rattles decrease but dont vanish. Dealer says theres a mod. kit that will fix the problem.

Another issue I've experienced that I havent seen mentioned elsewhere is wind noise. I have very localised wind noise from both front doors at anything above 65 mph - its almost as it the door was slightly open. I can only assume its poorly fitting seals. Anyone else noticed this? Dealer is going to look at it when he has the car for 2 days later this month.

Hope the above info. helps.

Hi guys

My IS250 is booked in to have the dashboard rattles fixed. From what I've been told, the locating pins for the dash are too small - albeit it very slightly. This would explain why, for me anyway, the rattles are far worse when the car is cold.

When the interior heats up there's obviously some expansion and the rattles decrease but dont vanish. Dealer says theres a mod. kit that will fix the problem.

Another issue I've experienced that I havent seen mentioned elsewhere is wind noise. I have very localised wind noise from both front doors at anything above 65 mph - its almost as it the door was slightly open. I can only assume its poorly fitting seals. Anyone else noticed this? Dealer is going to look at it when he has the car for 2 days later this month.

Hope the above info. helps.

Yes, it has been covered elsewhere, unfortunately by me. So far Lexus have changed the major door seals on both front doors, and after this failed to cure the problem, installed new window seal on both doors. The wind nioise as you described is still there, so they now want the car for approximately 3 days to sort it out. Apparently they will apply tape until they identify where the noise is being generated and then complete the 'fix'. :shutit:

In the meantime I have had a dashboard rattle, but only heard initially at the start of driving after the car was parked in very cold temperatures. Lexus said quote 'oh no not another one'....they say they know the problem and will fix whilst they have the car over the three days :angry: . Thing is, I haven't heard a rattle since reporting the problem :sad:

It's cost me a lot in time and expense so far and still not sorted, but I'm committed to getting it fixed. You're the only other owner to report the problem so far.

I really hate going back to the dealer for noise fix. They fixed one noise and cause another two. They opened the dashboard and did not fit it back properly. They bump the car like a "four wheel drive" running off-road to testify the noise. When you got the car back it seems that it's loosely piece here and there, that the car had been driven thousands of miles in last couple hours. If you have to drop your baby in again for the same or similar symptom, make sure you check your car thoroughly including chips & scratch throughout the car when picking it up. Someone here may know what I mean.

If something that you can fix it easily yourself or can live with it, don't let your baby suffer, they won't take good care of your baby as you do. Even if the noise seems to be fixed now, more noise will certainly come back later for this sort of median class car. Say after a year or two, I would then feel free to let them muck around with it. I would just enjoy as much as I can while it's new.

Hey Tango. Let us know the results of the "wind noise". I noticed it the other day after the other noise was fixed. Mine is faint, and not noticeable when the radio is on and turned up a bit, but when the radio is off and a/c is low, I can hear the sound, Driver's side. Had my wife check the passanger side and she said it also was there but only faint as well.

For a car of this "quality" and such a high price, these sounds should not exist.

When looking over the new IS at the motor show last year before they had actually realeased the car in Oz, the salesman was going on about how much detail the builders had gone to for the woodgrain paneling and the stiching in the seats, but they obviously having been paying as much attention to other areas.

If something that you can fix it easily yourself or can live with it, don't let your baby suffer, they won't take good care of your baby as you do.

Oh... how true those word are !! So many times I've taken cars in the past into the dealers and my first instruction is always "DON'T VALET IT" what happens... it comes back washed and pressure washed and with scratches on it !

Now I've got my new baby I'm going to make the dealer mark on the service record that I don't want the car cleaned whilst in for service (don't want them ruining my Sonus SFX3 and Klasse SG finish !!)

The Ed

Hows it going guys.

Its good to get insight from others.

Now that some of you mention it, I also have noticed what you might call excessive wind noise comming from the drivers side. Didn't pay much attention to it, but am now going to add it to my list of sh!t!!

As you mention rap03, the sound comming from the drivers piller is more like a vibration/rubbing. What was the cause and fix??

I assume everbody has reported these issues to Lexus UK. As I mentioned earlier, I don't have much faith in car dealers, so if I'm not happy with the outcome, I will contact Lexus Ireland and tell them to contact Lexus UK to get the information they require to fix these problems.

I think the sooner Lexus UK and Lexus Ireland have a data base of all these problems, the sooner all the problems will be sorted!! Or is that wishfull thinking!

Matty

Hey Tango. Let us know the results of the "wind noise". I noticed it the other day after the other noise was fixed. Mine is faint, and not noticeable when the radio is on and turned up a bit, but when the radio is off and a/c is low, I can hear the sound, Driver's side. Had my wife check the passanger side and she said it also was there but only faint as well.

For a car of this "quality" and such a high price, these sounds should not exist.

When looking over the new IS at the motor show last year before they had actually realeased the car in Oz, the salesman was going on about how much detail the builders had gone to for the woodgrain paneling and the stiching in the seats, but they obviously having been paying as much attention to other areas.

Looking at the amount of rubber and complexity of the seal geometry around the doors and windows I'm surprised I am getting the wind noise. I know the designers have to compromise between the amount of force necessary to close the door and obtaining a seal. So far the Dealership has not suggested or apparently considered adjusting the door lock but I notice after washing the car that water seems to get by the primary seal (the door rubber design looks to have a primary and secondary). The panel lines wouldn't suffer from a small adjustment either, so I don't know why they changed out all the door and window seals as a first option. :o

Looking at the amount of rubber and complexity of the seal geometry around the doors and windows I'm surprised I am getting the wind noise. I know the designers have to compromise between the amount of force necessary to close the door and obtaining a seal. So far the Dealership has not suggested or apparently considered adjusting the door lock but I notice after washing the car that water seems to get by the primary seal (the door rubber design looks to have a primary and secondary). The panel lines wouldn't suffer from a small adjustment either, so I don't know why they changed out all the door and window seals as a first option. :o

Wow!!!

This is all becoming too much. Trying not to be negative but Lets see...

Poor return on mileage,

Sticky gear shift

Weirdly ratio'd gearbox

Rattles all over the place

Problems avoiding dints and scrapes

Daily changing delivery times

Poor feedback from dealers. etc,etc,etc

Can someone remind me again why I am waiting four months for one of these

Maybe thats why they use the slogan THE BEST BUILT CARS IN THE WORLD - TOYOTA (not Lexus :hehe: )

Perhaps Lexus have done exactly what all the trade guys on this forum have done since the launch and gone totally quiet about all these problems.

I put it up to the trade guys....that is those who work for lexus or their distributer/dealers etc to come back with the story of what LEXUS is doing to remedy these problems.

They were loud enough before the launch ... and I wonder if they have been gagged by their bosses.

COME ON MOLE WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

This board seems to be inefectual regarding getting anything done !!!!!

do any of the comittee have any pull with the dealers????

COME ON LETS HAVE SOME ACTION :tomato::tomato::tomato: :tsktsk: :o :blush::blink:

Wow!!!

This is all becoming too much. Trying not to be negative but Lets see...

Poor return on mileage,

Sticky gear shift

Weirdly ratio'd gearbox

Rattles all over the place

Problems avoiding dints and scrapes

Daily changing delivery times

Poor feedback from dealers. etc,etc,etc

Can someone remind me again why I am waiting four months for one of these

Maybe thats why they use the slogan THE BEST BUILT CARS IN THE WORLD - TOYOTA (not Lexus :hehe: )

In any other car I would describe the wind noise I have in the Lex as 'normal', but having driven other 250's I know mine needs attention to make it as whisper quiet as it is evidently designed to be. I admit lo having a small dint in my drivers door from an inconsiderate car parker, and a protection strip as fitted to my 200 would probably have prevented it.I also freely admit to having a big :) on my face every time I drive the car (surpassed only when I drove the 350 :D ).

HI

Rattle in the dash cured by using a thicker seal between the dash and glass James has videod the repair and I am sure sure all dealers will soon have the info The rattle in the b pillar comes from the stricker plate It needs a new bolt or something to fix Ask James at woodford he knows

alan

• 3 weeks later...

Well guess what? I got my car back from the Dealership today and:

a. All the panel lines are now perfectly flush between rear edge of front doors and leading edge of rear doors

b. Dealer confirms the fix was door adjustment

c. The wind noise is gone :) (well I do hear a slight noise at 'sorry officer does this mean I lose my license?' speeds, but hey don't do that very often :whistling: )

So now case closed, or at least until that rattle comes back ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links