Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Most Powerful Is200

Gord

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just was thinking who has the most BHP from the is200 :question: (no engine swaps) standard engine in + add on bits s/c + t/c.
mine is...its still an IS200

no mat not in this subject it isent :winky: that supra engine makes it a little a head of the rest :)

Just was thinking who has the most BHP from the is200 :question: (no engine swaps) standard engine in + add on bits s/c + t/c.

no mat not in this subject it isent :winky: that supra engine makes it a little a head of the rest :)

well ok i wanna join in the conversation.....im gonna start my own most powerfull topic, but the stipulation must be.....erm let me think of a criteria that excludes....hmm

ok who has the most powerfull is200 thats built in 2001, and you are not allowed to have exhausts made by anyone other than HKS , your birthday must, i repeat MUST be on a 13th and be in November :winky:

well ok i wanna join in the conversation.....im gonna start my own most powerfull topic, but the stipulation must be.....erm let me think of a criteria that excludes....hmm

ok who has the most powerfull is200 thats built in 2001, and you are not allowed to have exhausts made by anyone other than HKS , your birthday must, i repeat MUST be on a 13th and be in November :winky:

ah ha ......you must be refering to that bloke in australia

the one who shares his birthyday with you

the one with one more horse power than you

so theres ya winner :lol:

I would say that mine would be up there in top power figures. I haven't had it rolling roaded yet but with a full stand alone ECU, full straight through custom exhaust, return line fitted and bigger injectors about to be fitted I would like to think I would give most people on here a good run for their money. It has also been very finely mapped to get the most from it.

Once our rolling road gets working properly again I will be mapping the car to 280bhp until I do the engine rebuild.

I guesstimate that it is currently about 270bhp.

I would say that mine would be up there in top power figures. I haven't had it rolling roaded yet but with a full stand alone ECU, full straight through custom exhaust, return line fitted and bigger injectors about to be fitted I would like to think I would give most people on here a good run for their money. It has also been very finely mapped to get the most from it.

Once our rolling road gets working properly again I will be mapping the car to 280bhp until I do the engine rebuild.

I guesstimate that it is currently about 270bhp.

Hmmmm...Spock melted a piston on his standard internals at those numbers :blink:

Spock was pushing for 300bhp when his went. He also didn't have the same fuelling setup either. If I can remember correctly he had a 5th injector fitted in the air intake which does work but is not the ideal solution for precise mapping. I will be going no higher than 280bhp no matter what, which should be fine with the right fuelling.

Mark (TDI) I THINK also said he has seen an IS running 0.8bar with no probs. I shouldn't need 0.8bar to get 280bhp either.

So what do you guys reckon will be a safe boost then? As nobody has really pushed the engine with standard internals. But if the fuelling is fine with the larger injectors etc?? .7? .8?

Will it be the head gasket that goes first if there is enough fuel going in?

that is mine .8 but set at .6 for safty of standard internals with my setup extra fuel lines bigger fuel pump fse etc etc 262bhp .7 bar injecters wont take no more hoping to break the 300 barrier when i get my injecters from tdi with my forged internals now i should have no worries

Yeah Daza you should easily break 300. You should be up near 400bhp at least with forged internals no probs but then the turbo may start to run out of puff.

I will soon be going for some forged goodies too so will be interested to see how you get on with yours.

I wouldn't max out those 400BHP.

Just for being safe mates. :winky:

We don't know what the car can really handle with forged internals.

DAZ you would need serious race gas, as you're running on 10:1 ratio. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Spock was pushing for 300bhp when his went. He also didn't have the same fuelling setup either. If I can remember correctly he had a 5th injector fitted in the air intake which does work but is not the ideal solution for precise mapping. I will be going no higher than 280bhp no matter what, which should be fine with the right fuelling.

Mark (TDI) I THINK also said he has seen an IS running 0.8bar with no probs. I shouldn't need 0.8bar to get 280bhp either.

The best dynoed result was 287hp/370Nm @ .7bar. And I did NOT melt a piston, it was a rod that broke.

Yes, I have a 7th (not 5th :whistling: ) injector, but now along with the rebuild, I'm also upgrading the main-injectors. And also yes, I have a twin-turbo setup.

At the moment I have 0hp @ 0rpm, as my engine is torn into bits and bobs. But when I get it up and running with the uprated internals and lowered C/R, I'm going for the 350-400 region. That's about as much as those KKK 03 turbo's are good for. But the manifold is fabricated in such a way, that +1 size bigger turbo's are a "bolt-on job". Then I'll be looking for the 500hp barrier... :shifty:

The best dynoed result was 287hp/370Nm @ .7bar. And I did NOT melt a piston, it was a rod that broke.

Yes, I have a 7th (not 5th :whistling: ) injector, but now along with the rebuild, I'm also upgrading the main-injectors. And also yes, I have a twin-turbo setup.

At the moment I have 0hp @ 0rpm, as my engine is torn into bits and bobs. But when I get it up and running with the uprated internals and lowered C/R, I'm going for the 350-400 region. That's about as much as those KKK 03 turbo's are good for. But the manifold is fabricated in such a way, that +1 size bigger turbo's are a "bolt-on job". Then I'll be looking for the 500hp barrier... :shifty:

This ride will fly mate.... sounds really awsome! B)

But:

After crushing the engine, you're looking forward to crush the transmission eh?? :whistling:

If you want to prevent any other damages, then take the tip i give, to not hit or overpass the 400BHP barrier.

Let the IS200 be somewhere in the 350BHP range and you will have enough fun, B) not to say it will be anyway undrivable with that short gear ratio. :yawn:

It's not a masterstroke just to get much power out of an engine...

.....the all-in-all-concept must work well. :winky:

But:

After crushing the engine, you're looking forward to crush the transmission eh?? :whistling:

If you want to prevent any other damages, then take the tip i give, to not hit or overpass the 400BHP barrier.

Let the IS200 be somewhere in the 350BHP range and you will have enough fun, B) not to say it will be anyway undrivable with that short gear ratio. :yawn:

thats a good tip mike if i can hit 350 to 370 i will be over the moon this topic may get exciting this year

with everyone pushing to get past that 300 barrier

But:

thats a good tip mike if i can hit 350 to 370 i will be over the moon this topic may get exciting this year

with everyone pushing to get past that 300 barrier

:winky:

At all.... what do you wanna do with 400+ horses on that closed ratio gears as in the IS200.

A sensefull investment would be for another gearbox, as this for the Supra... but I don't wanna do that conversion. :sick:

For the factory gearbox you would anyway have to lower boost in 1st-2nd gear.

And at higher speed it will be a short fun to get only 140mph max speed.

The car will get those 140mph in a few seconds, but then.... fun is over. :yawn:

So in my opinion any other HP over 350-400 is money-wasting. ;)

I already have troubles with traction at launching in 1st gear.

Also in 2nd gear I can do wheel spin on dry asphalt. :duh: and this is with ~250-260BHP

What do you think will happen with 350-400?? :o

Or even with 500.... :crying:

....senseless.... :shutit: ....and not to say about crushing the transmission.

This is more expensive than a crushed engine. :sick:

Will the IS ever be able to get up to the 500+bhp mark? With Internals done and something like getrag 6 speed conversion?

Excluding engine conversions

Edited by ad77

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links