Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning The Engine..

Pip

I basically touched what i could and that wasnt a lot. Weather allowed me to yesterday. Car valeting place wouldnt touch it. They looked at the engine and said there is too much going on in there for their liking and wouldnt go near it.

Looks scruffy with the rocker cover exposed and it has that mildew on it.

when i did mine i sprayed gunk everywhere and then blasted it off with a pressure washer. i found out afterwards i should have taped up all the electrical bits but i've not had any probs.

They wouldnt touch it with a steam cleaner Fluff.

Gave mine a good clean last weekend with no problems..........

First tape up any exposed areas / wires including the different sensors which connect to the engine. There's a large connection block at the lefthand side of the bulkhead next to the power steering top up, tape that up also.

Then spray gunk over just about everything but just do about a 3rd of the engine bay at a time. Leave for few moments, then either adgetate with a brush or wipe with a cloth.

Instead of power wash or steamjet, just lightly rinse with cold clean water from a hose pipe. Making sure you do not directly spray anything electrical.

Then wipe dry with a cloth.

A bit time consuming (2 hours approx) but the results are great.

dont use parcel force you will never see it again :)

i had mine done when i had a full valet, a few days later i had to remove the plugs to let it all dry out properly, apart from that, it looks nice

:blink: don't know what the problem is, i have used a pressure cleaner in my engine bay a few times now,

spray some TFR int there and wash it off. Did mine last week to get rid of the winter salt residue and now looks like a new. I have never bothered covering anything up just clean it.,

TFR? Comma TFR? Mixed in with the water jet? Engine must've looked like an exposion in a marshmallow factory! Or do you spray it on wih a spray bottle, then jet it off?

Never thought of jetwashing the engine bay before! Hmmm...

TFR? Comma TFR? Mixed in with the water jet? Engine must've looked like an exposion in a marshmallow factory! Or do you spray it on wih a spray bottle, then jet it off?

Never thought of jetwashing the engine bay before! Hmmm...

just spray it on from one of those spray bottles, engine cold of course as it will dry too quick then leave for a few minutes and blast the lot off.. do mine a couple of times a year just to keep it looking nice, also easy to find any leaks if any..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links