Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Economy Around Town?

Well there's been a topic or two about urban economy for the diesel - but does anyone have any figures for the petrol IS250? I'm currently torn between the petrol and the diesel!

Ta very much!

In town I get about 22mpg if mixed with a roads I get around 27 mpg I am sure the diesel will beat that but only by about 6 MPG

Alan

Well there's been a topic or two about urban economy for the diesel - but does anyone have any figures for the petrol IS250? I'm currently torn between the petrol and the diesel!

Ta very much!

In town I get about 22mpg if mixed with a roads I get around 27 mpg I am sure the diesel will beat that but only by about 6 MPG

Alan

My Auto gives 27mpg around town & 31 on long trips but is not yet fully run-in as I have only done 1500miles.

Tel :driving:

My auto SE-L has got 2400 miles on it now. Trip computer always seems to end up reading 27.8 mpg for mix of urban and motorway (which as you know there ain't a lot of difference between the two nowadays).

My auto SE-L has got 2400 miles on it now. Trip computer always seems to end up reading 27.8 mpg for mix of urban and motorway (which as you know there ain't a lot of difference between the two nowadays).

1500 miles, 30.5 miles per gallon so far for my IS250 Auto, mixed driving. Mostly out of town.

romaro, I have done about 4800Ks (about 3000Miles) and I am averaging about 27-28MPG. It's about the same around town, 27MPG. Have only done a couple of long trips and Tank meter tells me I am getting around 35-36MPG.

Good luck.

romaro, I have done about 4800Ks (about 3000Miles) and I am averaging about 27-28MPG. It's about the same around town, 27MPG. Have only done a couple of long trips and Tank meter tells me I am getting around 35-36MPG.

Good luck.

I'm getting very good results 29mpg city urban and trips down and up the coasts getting 42mpg according to my trip computer

Normaly i have 9L - 100Km (I think is 31mpg) - mixed roads.

Last 58L of petrol = 727Kms

7,98L - 100Km (mpg ???) - Driving to try make a better result - mixed roads, 50% motorway, other roads at 80kmh or less.

In town normaly get 31mpg/29mpg

Petrol: BP ULTIMATE

31 MPG here and we aint nice to it! Seriously the wife gives it heaps and I'm amazed by the economy. I traded a Subaru H6 that used 19-23mpg so I'm stoked.

The fuel economy was how I sold the idea to the wife- so I'm glad it lives up to its reputation. Drove an Is300 the other day and boy do they like a drink! Nice car though

7,98L - 100Km (mpg ???) - Driving to try make a better result - mixed roads, 50% motorway, other roads at 80kmh or less.

Your spot on akkilles with mine which is auto and 9l to 9.5l mixed roads mainly city but highway driving is 6.4l - 100km to 7l - 100km (44mpg to 40mpg) is exellent compared to my IS300:D :D :D

SHELL OPTIMAX

7.98L is 35.3mpg just thought you won't to know.

Ta very much!

I have just returned from a visit to the US forums and there are a good few guys complaining about ticking noises in the engines of the IS 250 AND 350. If this is the case and as one guy said " it sounds like a diesel" you might as well buy a diesel in the first place. Or this may just pertain to Lexus cars made in America.

Your spot on akkilles with mine which is auto and 9l to 9.5l mixed roads mainly city but highway driving is 6.4l - 100km to 7l - 100km (44mpg to 40mpg) is exellent compared to my IS300:D :D :D

SHELL OPTIMAX

7.98L is 35.3mpg just thought you won't to know.

Last Trip

262Kmhs, highway drive. Avg Speed 120Kmh.

epsn00760fg.jpg

I had a courtesy car for 2 days - manual 250SE. Even with my delicate driving style I still could not get it over 22.2MPG in town traffic, though it was starty/stoppy...which is less than my 220d!!!

I'm now getting 24+ most of the time in pure town driving, and on one run upto 29mpg in town alone...

So I'm :yahoo:

PS - keep 'arping on but my old A4 (only 130bhp but felt almost as quick as the Lex) was 35+ in town and 55+ on the motorway....no matter how it was driven...so the Lex diesel is typically 10mpg shy..

Romaro - have you decided ??

I had a courtesy car for 2 days - manual 250SE. Even with my delicate driving style I still could not get it over 22.2MPG in town traffic, though it was starty/stoppy...which is less than my 220d!!!

I'm now getting 24+ most of the time in pure town driving, and on one run upto 29mpg in town alone...

So I'm :yahoo:

PS - keep 'arping on but my old A4 (only 130bhp but felt almost as quick as the Lex) was 35+ in town and 55+ on the motorway....no matter how it was driven...so the Lex diesel is typically 10mpg shy..

Average is 27.5 and that's purely in town; sadly my average speed is 6MPH, I think that says a lot for the traffic in London.

This weekend is my first chance to take it on a Motorway... Bank Holiday... Hmmm, looks like the average speed won't change then :huh:

Not sure if this helps but ................

........Over the past 2 weeks I have 2 occations when my local dealer has lent me a 250 now baring in mind that this is a) courtesy car (which probably means it getting thrashed) B.) I only ever get it with qtr of a tank and c) I can only go off what the display says. The details are :

1st time showing MPG as 31ish with ave tank being 29ish

2nd time showing MPG as 29ish with ave tank being 25ish

:)

By clicking through the "display" button, you scroll through temp, MPG Histogram etc. When you see the average MPG which is not controlled by fillups (which is in addition to the "Tank Ave") you can reset the reading by holding the display button down for a second or 2...that's what I did with the IS250...and I use this alot to get an idea of each trip...

It's an anorak thing!

The tank average is the tank average (IYKWIM)

Sorry for not replying sooner - it's been a hectic week. But yes, I decided last weekend...and took delivery this morning of a brand new IS220D (standard car) in Brechin slate with cream interior (currently spotless...let's see how long that lasts!) and MM!!

I've already done about 80 miles just cruising around today. Economy has been up and down (seems to be a strange correlation between foot going down and economy going down...). Best run was a 15 mile stretch of mainly uphill motorway, followed by about 10 miles of urban driving at around 30mph - 51.1 MPG - so very, very happy with that.

Coming up to 10000K (Service next week) and the consumption has been steadily improving.

Did a round trip from East Anglia to Edinburgh this week and managed 42 mpg from Lowestoft to Peterborough (mostly steady 60). Over-all, 900 miles covered with some short journeys whilst over the boarder and I arrived home on 36.5 mpg.

I must admit that having the display visible all the time concentrates the mind and heavy acceleration is curtailed some-what. The opportunist overtaking manoeuvre can wipe out .1 mpg with one foot to the floor. When I want a more engaging drive, I just switch the display back to outside temperature and enjoy.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links