Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

400h Possessed By Demons?

Was just sitting here working on writing an application, happily coding away when all of a sudden I heard a car alarm going off... was my RX400h... went outside, nobody was about... reset the car.. went back inside.

5 mins later, it went off again, again, nobody about. As I was walking back in the house, I heard "click click" of the central locking - the car had unlocked and relocked itself followed by the "double lock". Anyway, came back into the house and just as I got sat back down at my desk to happily continue coding, my mobile rang -- the folks from Tracker...

Sounds like something's gotten a little malfunctioned or simply possessed...??

:tsktsk:

Leland

Sounds like an electrical problem to me ...... if your tracker activated means the power going to it probably died, and the back up Battery kicked in, alerting Tracker ?

Well at least you know it works ........ been meaning to test mine ! :unsure:

Sounds more like someone trying to code grab your key signal and steel your car. Would-be thieves :tsktsk: set the alarm off frequently until you get fed up and don't arm it or they succesfully grab the code.

However, I thought most of these tricks had been combatted by the remote central locking using different codes each time??

Maybe someone knows the complexity of the security system on the RX's and can advise.

Fawlty tracking device/installation?

A faulty Tracker shouldn't operate the central locking, it should either call Tracker when the car's not pinched, or not call them when it is pinched!

Fawlty tracking device/installation?

A faulty Tracker shouldn't operate the central locking, it should either call Tracker when the car's not pinched, or not call them when it is pinched!

:duh:

Well.. whatever it was, it seemed to be an isolated incident.. hasn't happened since.

Doesn't appear to be any electrical issues either.

The keyfob thing wouldn't explain the alarm going off since if someone had managed to "crack" the code to unlock the car, it would have disabled the alarm as well.

Faulty tracker would not have anything to do with the alarm or central locking... at least not directly.

Wonder if our current space/time continuum shifted 1cm to the left leaving my car believing that it moved 1cm to the right :duh:

weiiiiiiiird

anyway..

L.

Well.. whatever it was, it seemed to be an isolated incident.. hasn't happened since.

Doesn't appear to be any electrical issues either.

The KeyFob thing wouldn't explain the alarm going off since if someone had managed to "crack" the code to unlock the car, it would have disabled the alarm as well.

Faulty tracker would not have anything to do with the alarm or central locking... at least not directly.

Wonder if our current space/time continuum shifted 1cm to the left leaving my car believing that it moved 1cm to the right :duh:

weiiiiiiiird

anyway..

L.

The code can only be grabbed if it is transmitted. They :tsktsk: set the alarm off by thumping a window, you press the key fob to shut it up whilst they attempt to grab the code - this might take a couple of attempts hence the alarm sounding two or three times. I know Lexus security is top class :D and maybe this is why it has been an isolated incident i.e. they gave up!

Or maybe I'm too paranoid :blink:

I could buy into the quantum physics theory though...

I just find it very far-fetched that there was any sinister intention at play here... because of our location and relative seclusion... it's not as if we live in central Luton ... far from it... on the edge of a village location with lovely countryside and a nearby wildlife sanctuary...

L.

Anyone else at home?

My 2 yr old once grabbed the keys to my CRV and managed to flatten the Battery by setting the alarm off while it was in the garage...this morning was chatting to a neighbour and the Lex locked/unlocked itself 3 times! It was him again....

keyfob in your pocket? Thats happened to me loads - especially with a mobile stuffed in there too.

Best keep your keys in the safe til your sure..

AA

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links