Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs 300 Newbie

N20LEX

Hi everybody, I am a newbie just bought a GS300 sport in silver (1999 mk2 sport)on saturday and have some questions for you experts out there...

The wipers dont seem to "park" down and are up from there normal position a little when at rest. Is this normal and should they park away?? Any known fix if this is the case??

I lost one hub cap oer the weekend while testing it on the M1 !! How much is one???

I have a terrible shake on the steering at speed.. i suspect its the front ball joints as I have read some of the posts and I also have hear some knocking noises when parking the car and tuning the steering.

Other than that the car is excellent, very good value for money, the only option it hasnt got is sat nav ... which is a shame .. but you cant have it all. Also does anyone know how much a a spare key is?? I think you can program it yourself as long as youhave a master key??? Oh BTW does anyone notice with a sport that the front spoiler scrapes unless you drive extrmely slowly over speedhumps??? Mine is going to get damaged at this rate !!!

Hi everybody, I am a newbie just bought a GS300 sport in silver (1999 mk2 sport)on saturday and have some questions for you experts out there...

The wipers dont seem to "park" down and are up from there normal position a little when at rest. Is this normal and should they park away?? Any known fix if this is the case??

I lost one hub cap oer the weekend while testing it on the M1 !! How much is one???

I have a terrible shake on the steering at speed.. i suspect its the front ball joints as I have read some of the posts and I also have hear some knocking noises when parking the car and tuning the steering.

Other than that the car is excellent, very good value for money, the only option it hasnt got is sat nav ... which is a shame .. but you cant have it all. Also does anyone know how much a a spare key is?? I think you can program it yourself as long as youhave a master key??? Oh BTW does anyone notice with a sport that the front spoiler scrapes unless you drive extrmely slowly over speedhumps??? Mine is going to get damaged at this rate !!!

Congrats on the car purchase! I think the wipers have summer and winter positions for park. Try applying gentle pressure and see if they move down (note, do not use brute force!).

Hubcaps are 30 odd quid from Lexus..

Could be ball joints/could be balancing too?

Who cares about satnav, it would be out of date given it's a 1999. Just buy TomTom for a few hundred quid and you are with it.

Speedhumps are not a problem with my Sport provided I'm doing a reasonable speed, not excessively quickly. It is low if you are not used to it, and as such, be very careful pulling out of driveways!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, spare key may be 100 quid, but not sure. Others can help.

• 3 months later...

Hi and Welcome to LOC N20LEX,

As to the shake on the steering at speed id try having the wheels balanced as the LS400 was very sensitive to this problem if they were slightly out.

Happy Motoring with your new car.

Whats your thoughts on the car so far with how it drives/handles?

Chips..

Hi and welcome to LOC.

My big tip about satnav is to go to comet and get the garmin i3 - it's only £99.99 at the moment (well it was last week until the moneysavingexpert email came out and they probably sold out in a day or 2). That model is cheap but very highly rated.

If I wasn't getting married next month it'd be the one i would go for.

• 8 months later...

Hi

I'm after a new key as well for my GS300. I spoke to the Lexus Dealers in Twickenham. They said to me, key costs £150 (but that could vary) 2-3 days to order it from Germany, then I have to come in again to get the key programmed which takes 30 mins. Oh, you also need you key ID tag and log book for car and car key.

Baarish

I dont have any problems with speed humps with my sport. sometimes manage to scrape it on kerbs tho :(

the wipers can be manually shifted either down (behind the bonnet) or up sticking out a bit, It should detail how to do this in the manual if you have one.

I love my GS I think you will too :)

Gently press down on the passenger side wiper and they will sit lower than the bonnet. It is supposed to be a summer/winter setting.

Did you know that the sun visors are telescopic, ie when you pull them down and to the side you can then adjust the length. I think that makes sense.

Enjoy the car they are superb.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links